Saturday, December 15, 2007

Vacation Day #1

Ah, blessed vacation! We've gone fishing. We'll be back after Christmas.

We escaped Kansas City just before the snow arrived and hit clear, smooth skies all the way to California, stopping in Las Vegas only long enough to change planes and throw $30 into the slot machines ($10 from me, $20 from my husband). Why we even bothered doing this is beyond me. It was that or sample the O2 wares. The idea of putting a tube up my nose to suck colored oxygen did not rise to the level of "good" in my opinion.

On time (even early) arrivals all the way across the country and here we sit in our hotel room.

I received a call from a client on our way to the airport, asking why I wasn't at the meeting he thought we had scheduled for 2:30 today. Oops! Big oops!! I can't remember the last time I missed a meeting. That just doesn't happen. Only, I know for a fact that the last conversation I had with the CFO was that she couldn't get numbers for me by today and she would get back to me with a new time. Oh well. Getting out of town is never easy. The stress of leaving is worse than the stress of not getting a vacation. Sometimes.

Cutest thing heard today (from the little girl in the seat behind us, who appeared to be only 3-4 years old, speaking to her Barbie as the plane began its descent): "Well, we didn't fall out. That was a great flight. God protected us." Indeed, we didn't fall out. The true measure of "greatness."

Highlight of the trip...a 69 point word in scrabble on the computer ("illegal")...woot! ("woot" is Merriam Webster's word of the year, by the way...what's up with that?!)

Tomorrow, we drive down Highway 1, along the beautiful Big Sur coast. This may be one of the most beautiful spots in the entire country. And it's supposed to be clear and sunny.

It's a happy day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, December 17, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Yay for vacation! Enjoy yourself (though if you're driving down the Big Sur coast, I'm not sure that there's any other option to be had!)

Happy Christmas!

 
At 3:44 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Have an awesome awesome vacation time!

 
At 9:09 AM, December 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home