Saturday, December 08, 2007

My First Sale!

Yesterday, I had my first sale on Etsy! And there was much rejoicing! I would link to it, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for someone who reads here...it was her husband who did the shopping. ;-)

Today, I hand carried the parcel to the post office (rather than ask my rural carrier to pick it up...at Jim's suggestion...don't forget to give your carrier a special thank you at this time of year).

As I was preparing the package for shipping, I realized just how unprofessional I was, without business cards, without shipping labels, and with nothing but recycled tattered boxes for shipping. So today, I picked up some free shipping supplies (free boxes and labels) at the post office and ordered gift boxes and satchels online. Now I need to work on some business cards. I realize it may be another month or two before my next sale, but still...

Oh, and this afternoon, I'm making a light box for my photography sessions, thanks to Eric for sending the link on how to do that. Then I'll be adding something new to my shop. <*/advertisement>

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, December 08, 2007, Blogger beth said...

If I pretend that it isn't for me can I bounce around happily for you and say congratulations? :)

You'll be amused to know that my sister had to help him with the purchase - apparently his online shopping kung fu is not strong.

:)

 
At 7:42 PM, December 08, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. Sounds like his shopping kung fu is right up there with my Etsy Seller kung fu. Thanks again for sending Tim my way! :-)

 
At 9:03 PM, December 09, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Anytime I can benefit from Tim buying something, I'm happy. :) Win-win-win. ;)

 
At 8:55 AM, December 10, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Congrats!

I recommend Vistaprint for cheap, but nice business cards. Just watch for the extras they try to add at the end of the transaction.

 
At 10:04 AM, December 10, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Jen. I'll check 'em out.

 
At 9:44 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

Hey, congratulations!

There's considerable pleasure and satisfaction in the feeling you get when you create something, and someone is willing to pay you for it! I know; even as corporate drones, we create "work product," but it's just not the same as doing it on your own terms and for your own benefit (well, granted, for the customer as well).

I'm still amazed and gratified that apparently normal and otherwise sane and intelligent people continue to be willing to pay me to do something I love doing! I hope you always have that kind of wonder and joy in your work.

 
At 10:21 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Eric, I can only dream of that day (and I do!). ;-)

 
At 4:09 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Congrats! Yay Tim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home