Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let There Be Etsy!

I am officially open and ready for business! Come see.

It was a tedious process of photographing the pieces yesterday, some new and some very old (things I made but never wore), and coming up with semi-adequate descriptions and prices. I changed the prices on things multiple times before deciding that it would be easier to come down than to go up, if needed, hoping that nobody would get wind of the site until I was finished with my tinkering. Of course, by the time I finished, I could tell visitors had come and gone, but no interested buyers yet.

I really need to work on the photography (angles, perspective, backdrops...although I did have fun with various props lying around my house, and pixels), and it's probably time to fork out the extra bucks for a high-speed connection at home. The dial-up is killing me when it comes to uploading photos.

Anyway, it was fun setting this up. Now, I just need to start making stuff. And selling it. :-)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, December 02, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome to the insanity!

 
At 4:34 PM, December 02, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Jen! Like the blog, this is all your fault, you know. ;-)

 
At 7:33 PM, December 02, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Gorgeous. Of course, you realize between you and Jen you're going to kill my frivolity budget, right?

I'm sending a *hint hint* link to the fetish necklace to Tim since I know he hasn't put on his Santa hat yet.

 
At 9:33 AM, December 03, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Beth! For you, I will offer a 25% discount. And free alterations, if you like. :-)

 
At 11:31 AM, December 03, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Oooh :) Thankie! I will most likely be taking you up on that shortly.

 
At 9:56 PM, December 03, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

Great stuff...you're going to have SOOO much fun!

Re: your photography challenges. I recommend this article which shows you how to build and set up a simple-but-effective light box for product photography. It's also got some great tips for enhancing your product photos.

 
At 10:19 PM, December 06, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Eric! Sorry it took me so long to check it out. This is great. Can't wait to get started.

 
At 4:26 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

I checked this out ages ago but forget to comment! Hope the new venture goes splendidly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home