Thursday, November 08, 2007

Aye, Aye Captain!

I think we've found our man. The insurance company gave us a short list of training skippers they have already approved, and since we don't really know anyone in Seattle, this seemed like a good starting point. My husband called two of the four men yesterday and received his first call back this morning at 7:00 am (5:00 am in Seattle...that alone earned Bob bonus points). Bob and my husband immediately hit it off on the phone this morning, and here's a blurb about him that I found on the interwebs this evening, using my super-dooper detective skilz (emphasis mine...these key words seal the deal for me):

"As a former airline captain and US Power Squadron instructor, Bob is well versed in systems training and emergency management. He combines his wealth of knowledge and rich experience with a friendly, calm and patient approach - adding a touch of humor - to provide the most effective and enjoyable training experience available anywhere."

My husband confirmed that Bob has a sense of humor. He offered to pick us up in Kansas City on his private jet! I think we'll stick with Southwest Airlines though. I wouldn't know how to act if I weren't squeezed into a tight middle seat with my ration of peanuts.

MBH flies out on Tuesday morning to meet Bob and start sailing. The first trip is through Ballard Locks and into the repair yard on Lake Union, for a few necessary engine repairs. Yes, "few," she says optimistically. The next trip will hopefully be to her new permanent (at least temporarily) home in a marina somewhere and I will join in for that adventure.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, November 09, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

The stars all seemed to be alligned. Is there a nautical term for that, like something to do with a sextant or some other thing-a-bobby?

 
At 5:05 PM, November 09, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Yay! That sounds like a huge answer to prayer. :) I hope that few is indeed the word to describe the repairs!

 
At 6:31 PM, November 09, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Wohoo! Let the adventure begin!

 
At 10:42 PM, November 14, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Yippie ki yaaaa!
And they sail away
In their home upon the seas.
What a beautiful day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home