Saturday, November 17, 2007

Northwest By Southwest

This photo was taken by my husband on his recent voyage to the Pacific Northwest. I'm thinking about sending it to Southwest Airlines for use in their advertising. I think it's a fantastic photo, full of contrasts, not the least of which is the obvious fact that Southwest Airlines flies beyond just the Southwest. Then there's the juxtaposition of man-made and natural wonders of the world. And the fluffy texture of all those weightless clouds merging with the hard packed snow and ice on top of Mount Ranier contrasting with the blue sky and red wing tip (red, white and blue!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, November 18, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

He could get rich and famous selling such pictures to big companies...Just a thought!

 
At 9:22 PM, November 18, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

OK, I give. How did he take this photo? What was his vantage point?

It's a great pic!

 
At 4:37 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Rach, I still haven't heard back from Southwest. Hrmph. ;-)

Eric, clearly my husband is either standing on top of the plane or has rolled down the window because I know for a fact that I can never capture such clear images from inside a moving plane. ;-) He also knew enough to take a whole string of photos until just the right composition presented itself. He also had the benefit of a very clear day by Seattle standards!

 
At 11:33 AM, November 22, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Gwynne!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home