Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion

I've updated my banner over on my Etsy site and am so excited about it, I just have to share. I'm a complete novice at this stuff, so using the free tools at bannersketch.com, and an image I found on this site a long time ago, I was finally able to put together the image that I originally had in mind for my banner. Up until now, I've limped along with a banner I generated on one of those random text generators, but was never really completely happy with it. I loved the colors and the image, but it was difficult to read the text.
Before
After
In addition, with some helpful suggestions from my friend, Jen, I'm working on improving the photography on that site. It's been frustrating trying to work out the white balance, lighting and just overall picture quality. While I'm happier with some of the more recent postings, this is very much still a work in progress. Given the limitations of my camera, I think I'm going to forego trying to achieve a true white background, much as I like the effect of "floating" jewelry, and devise a more interesting but still somewhat neutral background. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to any and all.

While I'm not very productive yet, I'm certainly not having any difficulty keeping up with sales, so feel free to stop by anytime. ;-)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

I think the new banner is much improved, for what it's worth.

 
At 8:41 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger beth said...

I liked the old, but I also like the new.

 
At 9:25 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

I liked the artsy old one, but the new one will serve you better, I think.

Play around with the photography. I know that many jewelry sellers use scrapbook papers as their backgrounds. Your pieces are bold enough that a lightly patterned background could work for you.

 
At 11:20 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

I liked the artsy old one also, and as an image I even liked that the text was subtle (i.e. difficult to read), but business is business. ;-) I'm happy with the new one...I love the colors and the subject matter, of course.

 
At 6:32 AM, January 03, 2008, Blogger Rae said...

I really love the new one! You've really done a great job!!!

 
At 9:26 AM, January 03, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Rach! :-)

 
At 1:40 PM, January 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new banner! I don't remember what the old one looked like so I can't compare.

Like your jewelry, too! Hmmmm.

 
At 5:35 PM, January 09, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Glapointe! And thanks for stopping by. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home