Sunday, April 01, 2007

April's Fool

A while back, I was shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you) to learn that Emma had bestowed upon me the prestigious Thinking Blogger Award. Laughable, I know. But coming from Emma, I was humbled and also quite aware that the award itself was probably a joke. Emma is very funny sometimes. Very funny. Thank you, Emma!

Now, the irony here is that it has taken me this long to figure out how to retrieve the bling that I so proudly accepted and place it in the sidebar of my stinking "thinking" blog. Now, I believe that I have a duty to uphold and until I read John's (much more deserved and eloquently executed) award ceremony this afternoon, had frankly forgotten about it. His list gave me 5 new blogs to bookmark and possibly add to my blog roll, so this is all for a good cause.

Now, without further ado, I would like to present my 5 awards to those I believe are most deserving of the honor. Please know that I can only name 5. If I could name more, I would name all of those in my blogroll over in The Deep End. That's why they are there in the first place. Although this is not a requirement for the Thinking Blogger Award, my selections also deserve special honors for making me laugh. There is not enough thinking and laughing going on in the world today.

Oh, and another thing. If you've already received an award, I am not giving you another one, no matter how deserved it may be. Sorry.

Drum roll....

May I have the envelope please?

And the winners are:

#1 Fire Ant Gazette
While Eric makes you think on a regular basis, he will go out of his way to make you think it's not happening by touting his "content-free" posts.

#2 And Then I Woke Up
Beth's thoughts on theology are always worth reading, as are her random rambles on life in general. Some people just "get it" and Beth is one of the few.

#3 Pencil Shavings
Mis Nomer's pensive, solitary moments are some of her best. Her interests are diverse and her perspective unique but she is one of us. She cuts to the very core of what it means to be human.

#4 Verging on Pertinence
Darko's the one to go to for thoughts on music in particular and all things cultural and worldly. And Darko is a master of archaic words. If ever you find yourself needing a new word in your vocabulary, click over to his site.

#5 Lone Prairie Blog
Where to begin? For one, Julie hates gushing, especially gushing in her general direction. I am fairly certain that she will never stoop so low as to put this blog bling on her blog, but Julie is simply awesome!

That's all folks. I wish I could name more. You are all so deserving! For the five awardees, you may click on this link and get your own blog bling if you like and then go forth and multiply.

Happy April Fool's Day!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

Dear Gwynne,
Thank you very much for putting me on your list, especially in consideration of the fact that my vital signs were flatlining lately. Mention on this list and tied into the other four folks you've named is award enough.

If you don't mind I'll borrow G. Marx's line about membership and clubs, however, and not brand the Thinking Blogger insignia on my blog. Your kind mention/inclusion will suffice for this humble blogger.

Thanks

 
At 9:27 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

The truly crafty thinker does so in secret. I had a thought once and made the mistake of letting the thinking be known. To my horror, once it was known I'd had a thought, those who knew of the thought expected me to have more thoughts.

The horror.

 
At 10:16 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Thanks, Gwynne...though I haven't been posting much of my theological thoughts of late. I'll endeavor to do better now that I've won my one and only ever blog award. :) Coolie. Plus, being known as one who "gets it" is probably the highest compliment I could wish for.

Now...what do I get? ;)

 
At 8:22 AM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

And by the way, I only read this posting the first time because I thought the title was "April's Foo!"

You can only imagine my disappointment.


(Which you'd have to do, since I wasn't actually disappointed in any sort of real and legally-binding sense.)

 
At 11:15 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Darko, I did not expect you would want to brandish the bling around your blog, but the award is deserved, and I mean that sincerely (as sincerely as one can get about blogging meme awards anyway and if I mentioned such a thing here in my office, i'm sure I would be laughed at mercilessly...who knows, maybe I already am).

April's Foo! Maybe you could get Carly Simon to write a song. ;-)

I try not to let my thoughts out either, based on the wisdom of Mark Twain: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

See, Beth, now you're twisting the words all around. You get nothing! Heh. 8-}

Eric, they hand out prison terms for stuff like that. That photo means nothing to me. Nothing! Ahem, do you take cream in your coffee? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home