Thursday, March 22, 2007

Insanity - An Update

I've just done the accountant's equivalent of smearing my peas around my plate. In a futile attempt at disguising my workload from myself, I have taken the several large (and growing) piles and moved them into many, many small piles around my office. I don't feel any closer to done. It just feels more manageable. I can see what is where and prioritize accordingly. I'm afraid I have finally arrived at that particular time of year when all I want to do is cry, or quit, or shoot somebody. One more request for one more thing, or one more question about something I think you should be able to do without my help, and I'm liable to go off the deep end. Which would be a blessing really. Bring in the white coat with the long, long sleeves. This is sheer lunacy. I wish I could more adequately describe for you just how insane "tax season" is, but really, nobody wants or needs to know.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Hang in there! You make me glad we do our own taxes so that we're saving someone else from the insanity. Of course, maybe we're hurting ourselves in the end not being professionals and all but, well...c'est la vie. Don't go off the deep end -- you'd have to rename your blog.

:)

 
At 5:32 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Glad I am out of harms way hehe. Hope it improves shortly!

 
At 8:20 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

Hey Gwynne!
Yes, I am still alive 'n kicking (though not posting due to a double-hit of tushery and agraphia, a quite deadly combination, so that you know. I'm hoping it's not fatal)

Each year when I see our auditors come in for their annual numeric colonoscopy, I don't see at least one veteran and I do see a greenhorn accountant. The annual audits just wear them down, I suppose. They all either go work for the state or they go to private companies, in search of that almighty 40 hour week.

So, a personal question. How long have you been doing the CPA work? And.
How long do you think you will have had your fill?
It just sounds like it's too trying for the soul.
One more Q.
Who's the patron saint of accounting? Wasn't it some Italian monk back in the day of no hairpieces that first concocted double-entry book-keeping (yes, yes. No insult intended; I know book-keeping is not accounting).

And (one final question), do you have a signed picture of this patron saint somewhere in your office?

 
At 11:28 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger Jenn said...

We sold our house. NO JOKE. God is good!!

 
At 1:02 AM, March 24, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Beth. The deep end is looking awfully inviting, I have to tell you. ;-)

Rach, very funny. :-)

Darko lives! Great words, now that I've looked them up. 8-} I hope it is not fatal and that you recover soon (it's been nearly a MONTH, for the love of all that is holy!).

I'd never thought about that medical accounting analogy before, and now...well, my clients will surely get a kick out of it. ;-)

As for the personal questions, look for a separate post to address these most important issues. I'm suffering from a bit of tushery and agraphia as well. ;-)

Emma, that is such wonderful news!! And a great testimony! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home