Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Prayer for My Friends

I received the following in my email box today, from a dear friend. The usual request to pass along the email was present, but rather than sending on the email (I rarely comply with those requests), I thought I'd share it with "everyone."

As compared to yesterday and the day before, I am much more at peace today. A looming tax deadline, my Dad's knee-replacement surgery (his first major surgery ever was yesterday morning...and he's doing fine...thank you, God!), and just general fatigue nearly had me forgetting that God's peace and mercy were there for me. I was full of self-doubt and self-pity. But last night, I got home late after finishing up the last of my 3/15 deadline work and baked cookies at 3 in the morning (for my Dad who hopefully won't read this until I deliver them later today) and I awoke feeling refreshed and renewed. That's God's hand at work. And so, this prayer is for you...

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. In Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

done and done!

 
At 4:58 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Oopsy, this is what you get for using a Mac (:P) I meant to leave that comment on Beth's blog and meant to say to you that I am glad you are feeling much better! Could do with prayer today it seems lol.

 
At 8:47 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger John B. said...

I needed that prayer. Thank you.

 
At 10:50 AM, March 16, 2007, Blogger mis_nomer said...

Amen.

Thank you.

 
At 7:42 AM, March 17, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Okay, I just have to say this: I don't get your blog's title. There's nothing shallow about you or (as far as I can tell) your end.

And may the blessings you've requested return to you a thousand times over.

 
At 9:11 AM, March 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good.

 
At 7:53 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Bless you, my friend Gwynne,and, BTW, Lord, let her take a break from taxes and come back to us for a heartbeat of two???

Thanks for the prayers, Gwynne...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home