Monday, March 26, 2007

Accounting and Dogs, Revisited

Like I mentioned the other day, I don't make many house calls, but there are a few clients, most of them elderly, for whom this makes a lot more sense than endangering the lives of many by asking them to drive in to the office. I also facetiously said that my business cards say "Will work for food and shelter..." As I see it, that's not far from the truth. I seem to be on a roll with the dogs lately.

Today's timesheet included one half hour (at the "God must really be laughing now billing rate" of $295/hour...not that I get paid that much you realize, it all goes toward the greater cause) for "walking the dog." Another quarter of an hour for "hanging picture on wall." I so wish I were joking. And if the client weren't such a hefty pain in the rear, I might have let it go for free. But not today. The dog and I enjoyed a nice walk. :-)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Your life is far from boring!

 
At 8:19 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Accountant by day....dogwalker by appointment.

Not a bad way to spend some time - gotta be better than crunching numbers, right? :)

 
At 10:20 AM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Rachel, not too far, I'm afraid.

Beth, that is right. I only hope that when she gets the bill, she remembers asking me to do it. That's an expensive dogwalker. 8-}

 
At 10:58 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

For that kind of moolah, Zack and I will fly out and join ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home