Friday, March 30, 2007

Have You Ever, A Meme

Just because. I haven't done one of these in awhile and the questions seemed kind of fun, so play along if you like. I'll wait.

Have You Ever:

(X) Smoked a cigarette - Yes. Once. I was 12 ('bout lit the side of the road on fire while we were at it), and maybe once again at about 21; what nasty, nasty stuff!

(X) Drank so much you threw up - Um, yes. Again, once. I was 18 (the legal drinking age in KS at the time, as long as you drank only 3.2% beer...again, nasty stuff and you had to drink a lot of it to get sick!), and I was at work (Dairy Queen) following a pool party in the sun. I remember that day vividly. Hey, at least I made it to work on time. 8-} Gag.

(X) Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back - No comment.

( ) Been arrested - Nope

( ) Gone on a blind date - Nope

(X) Skipped school - Once. Eighth grade. Left school at lunch and went to a friend's house. Felt guilty for the rest of the school year.

(X) Seen someone die - Yes, but it was dark out and I couldn't actually see him die. It was a bad car accident outside our home. When we heard the crash, we rushed outside. 2 of the 5 passengers were killed instantly. One died while we tried to comfort him until paramedics arrived. One died a day or so later. The only survivor was the 16-year-old driver. Tragic.

(X) Been to Canada - British Columbia and the Northern Boundary Waters...beautiful!

(X) Been to Florida - Once. Hated it.

(X) Been to Mexico - Once. Tijuana (not exactly Mexico's finest city). Okay, here I did get sick from what I drank again, but it was the ice in the margarita, not the alcohol, and I was sick as a dog for days! Two exits, no waiting.

(X) Been on a plane - Many times. Hate flying. Would much rather drive 3 days than fly 3 hours.

(X) Been lost - Many times (although it's hard to be "lost" when you don't know where you're going)

(X) Gone to Washington, DC - Twice; a great city to visit!

(X) Gone skinny dipping - Once. Hey, I was young and there was water skiing involved and it was very, very dark!

(X) Felt like dying - I'm a baby when I get sick. Thankfully, I don't get sick often.

(X) Cried yourself to sleep - Though I can't remember why

(X) Played cops and robbers - I was quite the tomboy as a kid; I also played "war" and received a pretty good head bashing in that "game." My head bled for days but I refused stiches. Can you imagine stiches to the head? No, me neither. Ick. Let it bleed til I've no more blood left, I say.

(X) Recently colored with crayons - Just last week, I bought myself a coloring book and some brand new crayons and markers (I just love how new crayons feel!) ; my husband and I both colored and put the pictures on the refrigerator.

(X) Sang karaoke - Once. With my partners...it was our end of tax season party. On a dare. We sang Y.M.C.A. It was awful.

(X) Paid for a meal with only coins - Hello, Taco Bell!

(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t - You mean like eating that last handful of jelly bellies? Yes.

(X) Made prank phone calls - Just the usual 10-year-old "Have you got Prince Albert in a can?" stuff. Nothing recent.

(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose - My goal is to do this at least once a day.

(X) Laughed until liquid came out the other end - Ahem.

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue - and made snow ice cream! mmm...

(X) Gotten out of a speeding ticket - Once. I'm not usually so lucky. And I refuse to beg when I know I'm guilty. I'm usually the one admitting guilt before the officer even opens his mouth.

(X) Danced in the rain - and on the beach. It was a slow dance.

(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus - Of course, and he even wrote back!

( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe - Not that I know of. Near the mistletoe, maybe. But not directly under it.

(X) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about - Some of life's finer moments. :-)

(X) Blown bubbles - Not all that long ago...those big giant bubbles!

(X) Made a bonfire on the beach - More of life's finer moments.

(X) Crashed a party - Probably. Those college days were a little rough.

(X) Gone roller-skating - Hello? Child of the 70's here. Couples skate? Was there anyplace else a 12-year-old girl could get hooked up? Not that I was ever successful, you understand. But a girl can dream. ;-)

(X) Ice-skating - Once. Not very good at it and frankly, one of the times I thought I might die. Very scary!

(X) Swam in the ocean - Many, many times. But also a very scary place to be!

Via Hillbilly, Please

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, March 31, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Great list Gwynne! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

 
At 8:09 AM, March 31, 2007, Blogger John B. said...

I am boring by comparison.

 
At 1:07 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Rachel. You too!

John, it's good to be boring. :-)

 
At 9:25 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Wow... now that's some bravery. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to answer some of those questions (no, I haven't been arrested).

 
At 2:16 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Foo, not brave, just how we say, nuts. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home