Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Dessert Island

10 movies I would want with me on a desert island (or is it dessert island...I think I'd prefer the latter, with lots of creme brulee)? And if I had to take movies instead of books, here's what I would take (truth be known, I really have a hard time watching any movie more than once, with one exception and that is Monty Python and the Holy Grail):

Western - Blazing Saddles (so sue me, I'm calling this a western because it uses the word "saddles")
Horror - Rocky Horror Picture Show (same thing...it may not be your classic "horror" flick; it's actually much worse, but it contains the word "horror" and it makes me laugh)
Sci-Fi - 2001 Space Odyssey
Musical - The Wizard of Oz (I am from Kansas afterall)
Comedy - The Holy Grail
War - Glory
Action - Lord of the Rings, the trilogy (because I haven't seen it yet)
Foreign - Seven Samurai
Classic (before 1960) - Casablanca (I know, I know, so cliche)
Documentary - Koyaanisqatsi
Bonus Pick (any genre) - The Godfather (although how I'd feel about watching this on a desert island, I'm not sure; maybe It's A Wonderful Life would be the better choice)

Via Eric, whose choice of Shaun of the Dead might actually be a better pick over RHPS, but I've still got time to think about it, I hope.

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger beth said...

OOoh! That could be the next Survivor: Dessert Island - send all the bulemics and anorexics and eliminate people as they gain weight!

Ok, sorry, pushing aside the spelling police, I like your movie list - you can be my friend, we'd have lots to do. :)

 
At 7:05 PM, November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for 2001!

 
At 12:03 AM, November 18, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

But RHPS brings back high school memories of throwing toast and shooting water pistols in the theatre. It's the whole experience that makes this one "special." Throw in Tim Curry and Susan Sarandon and you've got all the makings of a true horror film. ;-)

Okay, you're right, Shaun of the Dead then. I'm good with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home