Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Like Books

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz

I wasn't planning to post the results of yet another quiz until I read the blurb. I couldn't agree more with both of those statements! As a kid, we lived walking distance from the public library and I spent many, many hours there, for fun.

Via Jen and Beth, fellow book lovers.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, November 15, 2006, Blogger DarkoV said...

I quizzed out as Book Snob.
Hmph!
I've got to get a hold of the guy/gal who came up with this test and lecture them about the benefits of well-rounded reading interspersed with esoterica. I think the quesstion that sealed my fate was the "favorite book to movie" one. I know there's no way Hollywood will ever do my favorite. At least not today's version of Hollywood.

 
At 11:09 AM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

I didn't bother taking this one. I'm pretty sure "bathroom reader" wasn't on the list.

 
At 1:58 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Foo, I'm pretty sure the main reason I hit the "dedicated reader" mark is because my piles of books extend into the bathroom. ;-)

Darko, the "Book Snob" classification is not at all surprising to me. Reading your recent post on movies (none of which I've seen, only one of which I've heard of), I'd say never the two shall meet, with which I basically agree. I'll usually go to the movie anyway (if there is one), just out of curiosity. This always disappoints.

 
At 7:14 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that quiz was a little odd...it said i am a dedicated reader...i disagree. while i used to be, i am now a flakey reader. i start books and don't finish them. although i really like books, smelling them, buying them, and re-arranging them on my shelf? i'm just a weirdo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home