Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tres, Trois, Three Things

Tagged! This may be a first for me (getting tagged). Thanks, Beth and Denise! :-)

1. Three things that scare me:

Dark alleys
Tyrannical dictators
Poisonous snakes

2. Three people who make me laugh (this excludes blog friends most of whom make me laugh…that's why they're on the roll):

My uncle Harry, maybe the funniest person I know
My friend Bob, a close second
Steve Carell, in The Office

3. Three things I hate the most:

Gossip
Selfishness
Greed

4. Three things I don't understand:

Reality TV (my apologies to all you fans out there; I really don't get the appeal, or the "reality" of it all)
Gravity
The Mideast peace process

5. Three things I'm doing right now:

Typing up responses to this meme
Daydreaming about #6(a)
Watching National Lampoon's Vacation

6. Three things I want to do before I die:

See the world
Whatever it is that God has on His agenda for me
See my step-daughters grow up to become happy successful adults

7. Three things I can do:

Tie my own shoes
Feed myself
Procrastinate

8. Three ways to describe my personality:

Charming (see #2)
Sarcastic
Laid back but also a control freak (it's the little things I try to control, the big things I leave up to God; of course, He might say that He also controls the little things like how I like my bed made in the morning, but I don't know why He cares)

9. Three things I can't do:

Dance
Fly
Bench press my body weight

10. Three things I think you should listen to:

Johnny Cash's My Mother's Hymn Book
The small voice inside your head at night (or whenever things are still)
Birds singing in the morning

11. Three things you should never listen to:

Hateful words
Gossip
Gangsta rap

12. Three things I'd like to learn:

Patience, especially in parenting
How to make a living as an artist of some kind, perhaps a silversmith
Speed reading

13. Three favorite foods:

Mexican food (esp. taquitos and guacamole)
Italian food (gnocchi or lasagne)
Desserts (starting with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream and strawberries)

14. Three beverages I drink regularly:

Coffee
Water
Diet Coke with lime

15. Three shows I watched as a kid:

Gilligan's Island
Leave It To Beaver
The Munsters

16. Three people I'm tagging (to do this):

Emmers
Brian
Jim

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Jenn said...

Mine's UP!! Thanks for the tag, Gwynne!

 
At 8:36 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Loved the answers to #7 and #13! Have a Happy Labor Day Gwynne! ~ jb///

 
At 10:46 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Yay! :) Glad to help with the whole tagging thing - I think Eric's tag of me was only the second ever, which is actually a-ok.

Silversmithing sounds like fun! And we can form the "Snakes should be extinct League" or something. Though Eric seems to love the little buggers.

 
At 11:07 AM, September 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, you did the no no. you want patience, better watch out or you'll get it..heehee

 
At 3:13 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Emmers, you're quick (in both senses of the word)...loved your list! ;-)

JB, Enjoy your labor day also!

Beth, maybe we should just move to New Zealand. ;-)

Badoozer, you're right...now I've done it. ;-)

 
At 4:11 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh, I thought about that too. ;-)

Well, Mexican taquitos are Mexican. ;-)

 
At 4:52 PM, September 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"charming" and "sarcastic."

These would be evident, each on different days, correct?

:-)

I'm done!

 
At 5:25 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

"Charming and sarcastic" reminds me of my daughter's first job interview. When they asked her to describe herself, she told them she is "shy and outgoing." ;-)

And I was just being sarcastic when I said "charming." 8-}

Coming over to take a peek...

 
At 9:24 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger Annie578 said...

I don't get reality TV either. I think they're all pretty scripted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home