Friday, August 18, 2006

Exhibit B

Accounting = Fun?

Today's work was...hmmm...uninspiring.

I am digging deep for another example of how fun the "art" of accounting can be and coming up empty handed.

Rumor has it that accountants are detail-oriented, fastidious and in a word, perfectionists. We usually win the blue ribbon in a "control freaks" competition. I already proved this by taking the test. Oh, that's another thing. We love tests. We love right and wrong answers. So here's a joke for you to ponder, while I think up ways to convince you that accounting is fun:

Q: How do you drive an accountant completely insane?

A: Tie him to a chair, stand in front of him and fold up a road map the wrong way.

Yes, it's true. Just ask my husband. I cannot stand watching someone fold the road map the wrong way.

I think it's time to change my hypothesis.

6 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, August 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say somebody bought a jar of peanut butter, and under the lid there was one of those "freshness" seals that's glued to the top of the jar all around.

Now, say someone else opened that jar of peanut butter before you got to it.

Now, say when you take it out to make yourself a nice peanut butter sandwich, you notice that there are remnants of the "freshness" seal still stuck to the edge, hanging over part of the peanut butter.

How much of that left-over stuff must there be before you'll remove it before making the sandwich?

...just askin'

 
At 1:39 AM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Is the peanut butter crunchy or smooth? Let's just say that none of my jars of peanut butter, or tylenol for that matter, have any of the freshness seal remaining. ;-)

 
At 7:30 AM, August 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent.

 
At 10:00 AM, August 19, 2006, Blogger beth said...

See, but I'm not an accountant and I still have to do that. Just like I have to get all remnants of the sticky security seal off CD jewel cases or DVD covers before I can play the CD, even if enough is removed that it opens with no trouble.

Maybe I should've been an accountant after all ;)

 
At 10:11 AM, August 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm half wondering the same thing, Beth...

 
At 12:37 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I'm the same way, Beth, and I also wonder why you are not an accountant? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home