Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A LAZY Blogroll Addition

I had a recent visitor that struck a chord with me when I went to look at his site. I expected to see a post related to the Homes Tour (who doesn't enjoy peeking in other people's homes?) but found instead someone who appeared to be stalking me (or me him).

One of his most recent posts happened to be of Morro Bay, CA which is where I went to high school! It's a very small town on the central coast of CA that most people have never heard of, but it is quaint and the high school is right on the beach and what can I say? Take a look for yourself. It is a beautiful place!

And then another of San Simeon State Park, north of Morro Bay, which is a beach I return to every year to hunt for moonstones, because it is just a few miles up the road from my Mom's house. Hardly anyone knows about this quiet stretch of beach on the central coast.

And then, a post on Lompoc, CA which is where I had my first (and last) motorcycle accident.

And then another of Table Rock Lake in NW Arkansas, where we spent the 4th of July.

And then, I received an email response to my comments on his blog and found out that he was just in Chicago, and he wondered if I had just recently been there as well, accusing me of stalking him (I'm sure he thought that was a rhetorical question, but why YES, I have). He responded with his own photo of Millenium Park.

Plus, PLUS, he lists Keb Mo, Etta James, Eric Clapton, Santana and Ray Charles, as favorite musicians, all of whom are on my Top 10 list (he needs to add Rory Block and take off Jimmy Buffett and the Doobie Brothers before we can be what I would call "good" friends though).

LZ is what I would call an artistic traveler. He has captured some beautiful places beautifully, if you'll pardon my overuse of the word beautiful. Nearly all of his photos are of God's creations, not man made stuff. Go check out his blog and see if he's stalking you as well (Eric, I see he's been to San Angelo...just up/down the road from you...beware!).

Oh yeah, his name is LAZY Blogger (and the "LAZY" part is in all caps intentionally, per LZ himself). He calls himself a "recovering Californian" who now lives in the Midwest. This could also describe me, but enough about me, go visit LZ.

Now go!

9 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, August 02, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Wel, he has a lovely picture of Arlington Cemetery - and I know exactly where he was standing when he took it as I drive by that way sometimes on my way home from work, so does that count as stalking? Cause it's only one picture. (Though the one of Las Cruces NM made me a little homesick, even though my neck of NM couldn't be more different than Las Cruces.)

 
At 5:26 PM, August 02, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Yes Ma'am heading to visit now!

 
At 8:57 PM, August 02, 2006, Blogger Kevin Surbaugh said...

Very interesting post.

Don't forget to promote your nomination in the Blogs of summer. The voting for the cluster you were nominated for is at DebtFree4ever.net

 
At 6:30 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Well lookie here! I think I know this guy! Actually that is very nice of you to say such nice things about my blog and to include it on your site. But if some of your friends have passed by, they just lurked and didn't post (at least that I could see) these all seem to be the friends that stop by and see me all the time. It is amazing how you seeded to capture in your description on my blog, exactly what I wanted to portray to the readers / viewers. I hope that you and your friends will try and stop by (AND POST) on a regular basis. Hey I don't bite (let alone STALK)! I try and post twice a week (but after all I am kind of LAZY, so you just never know! ~ jb///

 
At 8:22 AM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Lyn said...

Well, someone likes your lazy style! Of course, I do, but I didn't nominate you. Well, wait, that didn't sound right, I would nominate you but someone did it first..lol

Congratulations!

You’ve been nominated for a fun summer blog award called the Blogs of Summer. It’s more of a big linkfest, but if you want to win (or at least make a showing) ask your friends to go vote for you. Here are the relevant blogs…

To Vote:
http://debtfree4ever.blogspot.com/ (poll on left, scroll down)

To Visit the Nominees:
http://blogginoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/08/last-blogs-of-summer-cluster.html

To Trackback if You Want:
http://blogginoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/08/weekends-open-postspunstrackbacks.html

To Figure Out What’s Going On:
http://blogginoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/07/blogs-of-summer.html

Thanks for joining the fun.
Lyn from Bloggin’ Outloud

PS, Sorry this is so late, but will extend the voting so more can participate. lgp

 
At 12:07 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Hey Lyn, I gave up on getting friends to vote for me a long time ago. ;-) And I can't access your site anymore because it completely shuts down my internet connection when I do so. So I'm not playing. Don't take it personally. :-)

And LZ, thanks for stopping by again. I guess my friends are already your friends, or else my friends just don't talk much. C'est la vie. ;-)

 
At 12:17 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Princess Jami said...

Gwynne, have you posted about your motorcycle accident? You have piqued my interest. Were you in Lompoc to see the murals? The flowers? Vandenburg? To go to the beach? I loved visiting my grandparents in Lompoc. Had my first bite of persimmon at the farmer's market there.

Also, hi! :-)

 
At 12:37 PM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

already been there and done that......where you been girl!?

ok
moving on.
i'm jealous of him and all his meanderings. i can't hardly wait until i can do that too. come on retirement, come on......oh wait. i haven't even started my career yet. darn it, retirement is so far away
ok now i'm all depressed

 
At 1:07 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Jami, wow! Hard to believe you visited grandparents in Lompoc! Perhaps I should post about it...I'll see what I can come up with. ;-)

Susie, I'm here! I'm jealous of LZ's meanderings also. But LZ tells me he's not retired, so perhaps there is hope for us. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home