Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Have...A Meme

This was picked up at Eric's and Beth's place...the perfect countdown meme before Blogathon begins this Saturday.

It's harder than it looks.

I have...

10 giant gophers bent on destroying our yard.

9 smaller gophers, aiding and abetting the 10 giant gophers.

8 legged spiders living in our basement.

7 bullfrogs (maybe more) living in our "septic lagoon."

6 legged june bugs swarming the front porch.

5 caged birds.

4 parents (including a step-mother and a step-father).

3 goldfish.

2 Australian shepherds.

1 horse.

0 snakes (after that one slithered out of its cage and disappeared into the house somewhere).

+++

OK, the rules are simple. First, be honest. We might not know otherwise, but the God of Methuselah, Moses, and Memes will. Second, despite Rule #1, you get one wildcard if you need it; feel free to make up one of the items. And, in support of the proposition that there should remain some mystery about a blogger, don't identify the wild card.

7 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger beth said...

But which one isn't true? I hope not the 0... ;) Do June bugs have six legs? I dislike those critters with passion.

 
At 9:47 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

In my case, they are all true (I cannot tell a lie) although I may have the count wrong on the gophers. ;-)

Unfortunately, #0 is absolutely true. 8-}

 
At 10:16 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Yikes.

I mean, I'm all for 0 snakes, but not if it means something might be slithering around my home. Ack!

 
At 6:48 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nineteen gophers is faaaar too many.

You need plastic explosives

 
At 7:32 PM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Yes, Brian, it is! You should see our yard! And I did get out Caddyshack to see exactly how we should go about eradicating them but instead I've put in an order for this, so now our property will smell like fox urine. Nice. ;-)

 
At 10:06 PM, July 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i read the rules and i still don't get it. but that is not particularly unusual for me. not getting things that is.

 
At 4:34 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I think the only rule is that you have to list 10 things you have, then 9 things you have, then 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, and finally 0. That's it. It's so simple that the rules are confusing you. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home