Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blog-A-Thon!

For those of you who do not already read the Fire Ant Gazette (I'm not sure who I'm talking to here, because everyone reads this, but if you don't you should because he is a talented, smart, witty, honest, funny, God-focused writer), please check out his site and consider supporting his efforts this weekend in the Blog-A-Thon.

I actually began reading the Fire Ant Gazette just last year during Blog-A-Thon when I stumbled over from a friend's site and read this post. I decided then and there to make a pledge because of the injuries he sustained during a blogathon, for the love of Pete! It's not too late to discover his site and contribute to a good cause.

Also, the inimitable Beth, another talented, smart, witty, honest, funny, and God-focused writer, will be trying to stay up all night and participate but has already admitted that this is near to impossible (she says that she never ever had to do this in college...are you kidding me Beth? I can't remember a single term paper for which I did not labor all night the night before it was due). In lieu of making a commitment she cannot keep (honorable, I must admit), Beth has directed that all pledges on her behalf be directed to Eric's chosen charity (directions provided at Eric's site).

And while I'm supporting talented, smart, witty, honest, funny, God-focused writers, let me also provide a plug for Julie at Lone Prairie Blog who will be presenting the story of Bob again this year. She too deserves a lot of support and will be a most entertaining addition to the 'thon.

Yours truly will not be attempting such a daring feat (although I could probably do the overnight part). I will definitely check in with these and others to cheer them on, especially during the wee hours of the night. Now, please go and do the right thing. ;-)

4 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger beth said...

I'm humbled too - and I think you need to stop taking whatever it is you're on, because clearly it's a controlled substance and, well, just say no, Gwynne. Just say no.

As for the no-all-nighter-college experience I am, I'm afraid, completely serious. I realize that this has probably damaged my psyche somewhere by depriving me of this experience. However, I will say it is mighty fulfilling to bug your friends who are gearing up for an all-nighter with a due date at the other end of it and see if they want to go get pizza or catch a movie cause, well, my paper was done two weeks ago. That's how to win friends and influence people, let me tell you. :)

 
At 9:34 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

See there? No need for me to plug either one of you...you both speak well enough for yourselves.

LOL! :-)

I wouldn't miss the flaming alligator crossing. Nor the smoking of an unfiltered cigarette. Are you sure you don't wanna try the parsley? It's really good. Here, just try it. It won't hurt you. ;-)

Beth, I think you were my roommate in college! Little Miss Goody Two Shoes.

Yes, it's true, I am on a controlled substance, but it's not nearly as good as you think it is. ;-)

 
At 6:15 PM, July 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Eric, it sounds like maybe you got the parsley mixed up with something else. ;-)

WV: Sieko (now, Ms. Word Verifier is in the advertising business? I haven't seen a penny!)

 
At 6:35 AM, July 27, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Gwynne, I have been known on many occasions to shout (loudly, much to the embarassment of Tim) "Oh, goody! Two shoes!" while out shopping, so I suppose that fits. :) Though I will now have Adam Ant stuck in my head for the rest of the day. There could be worse things - like three weeks of Don Henly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home