Thursday, June 15, 2006

Time to Get Serious

This is one of those "What is Wrong With People??" posts. WWWP. Today, I was driving to work behind the usual suspects...cars, pickups, SUV's, 18 wheelers. You get the picture. Congestion, frustration, etc. I am directly behind an orange pick up truck that is spewing McDonalds waste out the windows. I've been hit by the "fries with that" box (super sonic biggie jumbo sized) and a jumbo sized drink cup (lid and straw intact). The cup ricocheted off of my car and into the truck behind me causing him to swerve a bit.

Here's where road rage hits me. How can people be so stupid?! And where's a cop when you need him, to enforce those littering fines you see posted everywhere? Not knowing what to do about it, I decide to pull up alongside him to see who this moron is and do oh, I don't know what exactly, but something to make my point...my point being that he better pull over and "go back and pick that up." I'm not one for making obscene gestures or attempting to run someone off the road, so I'm really hoping that my glare will do the trick. As I pulled closer, I saw the perfunctory "How's my driving?" bumper sticker with a number to call. Perfect. Made note of the number to call later. Then I pulled up alongside of the orange truck and saw the words "Kansas City Public Works" on the side. You have got to be kidding me! The same people responsible for keeping our community picked up and in working order are also responsible for defacing it.

It's a sad day here in Kansas City. I'm calling that number.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Wow. Maybe they figure they have prisoners to pick up after them? I dunno - but that's just bad. Glad you're calling them in - they deserve the slap on the wrist.

 
At 11:03 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Some people are just irresponsible (or is it STUPID)? Glad you didn't let the fries get the best of you. I knew they weren't good for you, but that the first LIFE threatening bag of fries I've heard of. ~ jb///

 
At 11:09 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Jenn said...

More like, would you like some stupid pills with that?

That could have caused a huge accident! Yikes.

 
At 2:13 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth, not sure what good it will do, but it's all I can do, so it is done. ;-)

lz, yeah, me too (although after watching the "Half Ton Man" on Discovery Health channel last night, I suppose there is a life threatening element to them in the long run.

emma, indeed! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home