Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Number 7

Ahem, okay, everyone is talking about the number "666" today, and then Beth brought up the number 7 and how next year we will get "777" which is a whole lot better than "666" for a few reasons:

1) it is the day I was born! Well, not 7/7/07 exactly, but a different year.
2) it is God's Divine Number; it is the number of completion and perfection (boy, do I feel special now!)
3) it is used more times in scripture than any other number

Short of practicing numerology here, Jim suggests that we consider making 7/7/07 a day of "radical forgiveness." I'm just here to promote his idea (I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than to practice radical forgiveness!) Great idea, Jim! And thanks to Beth for bringing this up. I haven't had so much fun since, oh, I don't know, 7/7/77. ;-)

5 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Also next year my friends birthday is 4.5.67 hehe!

 
At 9:15 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Seven is heaven, but eight is enough.

 
At 12:06 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth, I'm confused...born in 67? Or born next year? Either way, I am in need of assistance. ;-)

Foo, that is cool! "Eight is the number of new life or "resurrection". It is the personal number of Jesus." (found here)

 
At 7:09 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth? I meant Rach. Sorry! And I corrected this much earlier today but now see that my correction never "took." Blogger is my new enemy. ;-)

 
At 10:09 AM, June 09, 2006, Blogger Lyn said...

I've read a good commentary on the 666 dealy bob and posted it at Bloggin' Outloud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home