Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tweeting, Twittering, Whatever...

My father made me do it.

So we (the family) were sitting around the picnic table, eating and...

Quick brag aside...

...celebrating my niece's graduation from high school and the amazing fact that she received nearly half a million dollars in scholarship offers!! And yet, it was not enough. :-( Ultimately, she had to turn down several very nice offers from Duke, Wellesley, Vassar, UNC and who knows where else (all of the good fencing programs, I think) in favor of a full ride to Kansas University. Not a bad school by any means, but her parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles are all K-State alum. Rock Chalk! *choke* Ahem.

...talking about Facebook and Twittering. Of all the people at the table, my dad was the only one with a Twitter account. Go Dad! :-) I've been reluctant because I have a hard enough time anymore thinking about blogging (let alone actually blogging). When my dad said that he didn't have any followers, I figured, what the heck? I can do this. I'll follow him. So...

Hi Dad! I'm following you! :-) But, I see you haven't said anything yet. I wonder why nobody is following? Hmmm...is there a "Wall" in Twitter? Twitter looks to be much less bother (if I may borrow a term from Pooh) than Facebook. I wonder why it's taken me so long.

Well, off I go. Follow me everyone!

Everyone?

Anyone?

Well, anyway....

Tweet! Tweet!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, May 26, 2009, Blogger beth said...

I'm following.

It's considerably less bother than Facebook...but I honestly just do FB for the games. I'm afraid I'm a tad addicted to the games. :)

 
At 7:07 AM, May 26, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

You have to join twitter to follow anyone? Can't I just admire their twitter from afar? I mean, no one needs to know what I'm doing all day ("Cleaning the toilet"...Letting the dogs out"..."Letting the dogs in"..."Letting the dogs out"...)

Blog, Facebook, Twitter...honestly, I'm not that interesting...

(Can't you connect your Twitter to Facebook?)

 
At 4:08 PM, May 26, 2009, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

*must follow gwynne* *must follow gwynne* *must follow gwynne*You made an irresistible argument. Plus, you followed me. Funny how that works. ;-)

It's also interesting how your Twitter followees pretty well line up with your blogroll. Mine, too. I guess that means it's all about the people and not the media. Works for me.

Oh, and Facebook? Meh.

 
At 4:37 PM, May 26, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth, I think the FB games would drive me insane. I've turned off nearly all applications and thereby completely exhausted FB's usefulness. I may return to blogging soon. ;-)

Sisiggy, we may not need to know, but don't underestimate your "interesting" factor. It's all relative, you know. While you're letting the dogs in and out, I'm changing diapers and washing bottles. Even that gets boring after a while. ;-)

Eric, I'm glad the brainwashing worked. ;-)

 
At 11:57 AM, May 28, 2009, Blogger Bobkat said...

I absolutely refuse to Tweet. I waste enough time on the computer without tweeting too! : ) Good luck with it though and congrats to your niece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home