Sunday, February 08, 2009

Still Life With Cornflakes

Faced still with several boxes of uneaten cornflakes (all of which are open now! And by "open," I mean opened in the manner that you see here about which I shall not comment any further because of my already elevated blood pressure), I decided to make these, the World's Best Cookies (recipe copied years ago from the first cookbook of the San Francisco Junior League). These are really delicious with a very delicate buttery crumb. They are light and crispy crunchy, not chewy, but wonderful with a cup of hot coffee, or a glass of milk, or indulge in 3 or 4 all by themselves. ;-)

All the makings for the World's Best Cookies

Recipe:

Cream together:
1 C. butter (I use unsalted, but can be salted also...won't be too salty)
1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar

1 egg - stir into creamed mixture

Next, stir in:
1 C. salad oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Next, stir in:
1 C oats
1 C. crushed cornflakes
1/2 C. coconut
1/2 C. chopped walnuts

And finally, stir in:
3 1/2 C. flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt

Form balls and press with fork. Bake at 325 on ungreased cookie sheets for 12-15 minutes.

That's it...only one dirty bowl and very easy to make!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, February 09, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

All my cereal boxes look like that. Monkeys would do a better job -- or so I keep tell the kids.

 
At 12:07 PM, February 20, 2009, Blogger Bobkat said...

I hate it when that happens. I have to remind (constantly) the boyfriend to roll up the packet and peg it as I hate stale cereal!

These sound delicious. Any chance of a piccy or are they all gone? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home