Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Sky is Falling!


There's nothing quite like free falling 2 feet out of a deep sleep to make you feel like things are just not going your way. You know, any other time in my life, I might have have just laughed it off, but today it felt like having the...um, bed...pulled out from under me. Looking at the construction of the bed (and pulling out the vacuum cleaner at 5:30am because, eeeeuuwww...look at all that dust under there...it's no wonder I wake up sneezing every morning!), we were baffled at why it took so long for this to happen. The box spring is only supported by a couple of 1/2 x 1 inch slats, one on each side of the bed. It was only a matter of time before our combined weight would cause the whole pile of mattress, box spring, sheets, blanket, quilt and dust ruffle to collapse in a heap. But the worst part was that I just wanted to sleep (I went to bed at 2am)! I didn't want to clean and fix stuff at 5:30am! I crawled off to the living room and found the couch, leaving my husband to clean up and reconstruct the mess in the bedroom. Some days are better than others, you know.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Now that is a case for Ambien ( and a new bed) if I ever heard one!

 
At 11:48 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Amen, sister! :-)

 
At 8:22 PM, March 28, 2009, Blogger Foo said...

I haven't fallen out of bed in many, many years. Not for lack of my bride trying to push me over the edge.

So to speak.

 
At 9:44 PM, March 28, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

I actually broke my collarbone falling out of bed once...when I was three. I don't think I've fallen again since then. My husband accused me of pushing him over the edge also. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home