Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peep Eyes

Happy Spring! To celebrate, I bought my first box of Peeps of the season. Orange is the new pink! I picked orange. I've never had orange peeps before. I hope they're just as good as the pink ones. I prefer the chicks over the bunnies because I think there's more surface area to deliver more of the sugary coating, and they are more fun to eat after they've hardened for a week or so in the open air (or the freezer if you're in a hurry, as I am). Never mind that these little babies may be the most toxic of all the food groups, surpassing even Pop Tarts. In my research a few years back to determine just how toxic they may be, I discovered this website. My favorite part of all was the solubility testing in which they concluded that, "Given enough time, the proper resources, and access to some really toxic stuff, one can probably dissolve just about anything except Peep eyes." Take the time to read the complete testing process and then dare yourself to sit down with a box of Peeps (like I'm about to do) and eat the whole thing. I dare you. :-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, March 22, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

It's amazing the things the stimulus package will fund.

I will pass on the tip about the freezer to Dirtman. Anything marshmallow makes me gag.

Re peep eyes: perhaps they are comprised of the allowable amount of rat droppings the FDA considers acceptable in food stuffs.

Just a hypothesis...

 
At 8:10 PM, March 23, 2009, Blogger beth said...

Mmmm...peeps.

 
At 8:54 AM, March 24, 2009, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Peep eyes won't break down?

Well, then, can't we count them as "fiber"???

;)

 
At 11:50 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Sisiggy, thanks to you, I ate my way around the eyes.

Janie, you're hilarious...I think I'll stick with Grape Nuts. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home