Thursday, October 09, 2008

Where Am I?


In California, to tour artists' open studios with my mom...among other things...

A Lovely Place to Paint (Cambria, CA)

"The Pig Farm on Hwy 46" (by Jeanette Wolfe)

(as soon as the artist told me that the pigs were licking her palette while she painted, I had to have this painting!)


The Jade Festival, Big Sur, CA

(See that head? I watched it sell for $150,000!!!)


An Exquisite Carving!

The View from the Festival (What a View!)

The 2008 Weiner Dog Races! (Atascadero, CA)

2007 National Champion (Sammy Davis)

Sammy Davis, in Lane 3

(Sammy won by at least 10 weiner dog links!)


So, I decided to leave for awhile. A few days actually. Right before a big deadline. Think they'll get the hint I'm ready to "retire"? Heh. As I was packing, it struck me that it would be really great if I could take Sparky with me! So I asked his mother and she said, "Sure! Take him!" So I packed him up...but then thought better of it. Because this was going to be a whirlwind (3 days) trip and as much as I wanted to show him off to my mom (his GREAT! grandmother) and his other grandmother, and great-grandmother and aunty (my other daughter. who is attending college in Monterey), I decided it would just be a bit too much. I mean, he might not like being in the suitcase for that long, you know? He's getting bigger! Over 12 pounds now. And almost as big as my suitcase, see...

Stripes with Plaids? Sure, why not?


I am home now. It was a wonderful 3-day weekend with my mom and daughter. Full of fun and exploration and lots of good food and music and conversation, a much needed respite. But I missed my grandson and was so happy to come home to him tonight...he's grown even more in the days I was away.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, October 13, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I think the whole country needs a respite -- even if it's to go outside and look at a tree or something. Ya know-- chill.

I don't know that traveling on an airplane with a baby would be considered a "respite" or not...what with people being so tolerant and understanding...

Anyway, welcome home.

(Sparky looks so healthy -- and he had that "all boy" look about him!)

 
At 10:17 AM, October 13, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

“(as soon as the artist told me that the pigs were licking her palette while she painted, I had to have this painting!)”

The first time I read this, I thought, Ewwww!. But then I re-read it and realized you said ‘palette’, not ‘palate’.

 
At 10:19 AM, October 16, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Sisiggy, after flying home next to someone else's screaming baby, I'm glad I didn't do that. 8-\

Foo, just goes to show that spelling matters. Heh. ;-)

 
At 8:28 PM, October 18, 2008, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Glad you had a good time.

Spartacus is SO growing! What a cutie!

 
At 7:03 AM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Bobkat said...

Sounds like you had a great time away and it really recharged your batteries!

I loved the pics of the dog race (we call them sausage dogs over here) which made me smile to imagine them all running together like that.

Thanks for your visit to my blog. It was nice to 'see' you. Sorry I haven't been by much recently but I have been so busy I have precious little 'me' time atm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home