Monday, September 15, 2008

A Visit From Cocoa

Yesterday, we had a surprise visitor that brought a smile to our face. When I left the house to go to the office, I pulled out of the garage and looked across the yard. There was a dog that looked almost exactly like Cocoa, exact same size and color, only with a tail (she was a chocolate lab). And it was a girl. I did a double take and then called her over. I called my husband outside and he also thought it was Cocoa. She was young and playful, so happy to visit us, almost like she was sent by Cocoa to say "Look, I'm happy now!" She didn't have a collar on but we tried feeding her and she turned her nose up at our only offering of dry kibble. I think I've seen her down the road about a mile before, so hopefully she got home okay. She left our yard almost as suddenly as she appeared, but she made us both happy. Funny how those things happen. :-)


Cocoa?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, September 15, 2008, Blogger Lynellen said...

Wow, what a neat experience.

 
At 4:42 PM, September 15, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Awwww...

 
At 5:46 AM, September 19, 2008, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

That's awesome...the visit, and your smiles.

 
At 1:21 PM, September 24, 2008, Blogger Bee said...

awww, that is so sweet...

 
At 8:06 AM, October 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know quite a few people who would say that that dog you saw _was_ Cocoa.

But no matter, she's happier now...

 
At 10:29 AM, October 16, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Hi Mis_nomer! I don't believe in reincarnation, but her appearance was eerily timely. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home