Sunday, August 24, 2008

Grandpa's Hands

It's something I never gave much thought to, until I was staring at Julian's hands one day and realized...he has his Grandpa's hands.* Or more specifically, Grandpas thumbs. I'll have to see if I can pin Grandpa down for a shot of his thumbs, so as to properly document the similarity. Aside from being grateful that he inherited Grandpa's strong Croatian genes, I never really looked for, or noticed any family traits, until that moment. Regardless of whose they are, babies' hands are the cutest.

* This reminds me of a favorite Keb' Mo' song: Grandma's Hands

My favorite line: "If I get to Heaven, I'll look for Grandma's hands."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, August 25, 2008, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

What a beautiful picture...and thoughts.

 
At 7:26 PM, August 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the itsy bitsy fingers always amazed me.... and Hey! I know Keb Mo! :)

 
At 8:52 AM, August 26, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

There's something very special about their hands and feet...so tiny, so perfect!

Thanks for stopping in, Beau! :-)

 
At 4:23 AM, September 01, 2008, Blogger Bobkat said...

Such a sweet photo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home