Saturday, September 20, 2008

Punkin

Gratuitous baby pics and Winnie-The-Pooh quotes. :-)

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.

"Pooh," he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."”


"Pooh looked at his two paws. He knew that one of them was the right, and he knew that when you had decided which one of them was the right, then the other was the left, but he never could remember how to begin.”


"If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you."




Have I mentioned how much I love my grandson? He is the sparkle in my days.

But about this blog...

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, September 20, 2008, Blogger beth said...

Aww, what a cutie. He's getting so big! (They just do this overnight - it's startling.)

And the Pooh quotes...perfect.

 
At 9:27 PM, September 20, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

He IS getting big...3 months old now and triple his birth weight (10.5 pounds now)!

I was reading Winnie-The-Pooh to him today. What great books. I love them as much or more as an adult.

 
At 6:52 AM, September 21, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I keep telling my kids that I'm in no hurry to be a grandmother. This is mostly because I'm in no hurry for them to be fathers. Strangely, I've never been a baby person, but you're making me awfully envious. I love this age, where they sort of aim their heads at where they want it to be and just sort of let it drop. I love that. Or when they get that bewildered look and then all of a sudden something innocuous you do strikes them as funny and they get that toothless smile accompanied by that little sigh. Makes you want to hold them forever.

...and then God punishes us and teaches them to talk.

 
At 11:50 AM, September 21, 2008, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, aren't You good to make little Spartacus miracles?

He is a beautiful boy, Gwynne. No wonder you love that one.

And I love the Pooh stuff.

Good, that.

 
At 6:35 PM, September 21, 2008, Blogger Rae said...

Great use of Pooh quotes!!!

 
At 8:08 PM, September 21, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Sisiggy, I've never been a "baby person" either, but this one has cast a spell on me and it's hard to put him down. I can't wait for him to start socially smiling, but watching him eat (frantically shaking his head trying to connect with the bottle as quickly as possible) and listening to him gulp down his meal with a little gasp between each swallow is enough to melt the hardest of hearts.

And about the talking...heh, yeah.

Janie, he really is a cutie. And the Lord is good. :-)

Thanks, Library Girl! Isn't Pooh grand? :-)

 
At 4:35 PM, September 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for baby giggles....

 
At 12:55 PM, September 23, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

That "just wanted to be sure of you" quote brings back fond memories. I found that exchange printed on a postcard, and it was one of the first things I ever mailed to my lovely bride when we had just begun our courtship via internet and airline.

 
At 8:51 PM, September 23, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beau, too true!

Foo, no wonder Turtle married you. ;-)

 
At 1:22 PM, September 24, 2008, Blogger Bee said...

What a SWEET face. Don't you just love the smell of their heads and their kissable cheeks?

 
At 8:01 AM, October 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww.... Awwww... Awwwww.... He's so adorable! And your pooh quotes almost made me tear. Enjoy your grandson! :)

 
At 10:56 AM, October 16, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Mis_Nomer! Where have you been?! Thank you so much for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home