Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Too Much Time On My Hands, Not Enough Flavor

I've been meaning to post about this for awhile now. A while back, mid-tax season (when I was too busy to say anything about it), Miss Vickie's changed their packaging and the seasoning on their Jalapeno Kettle Chips. Did anyone else enjoy these delicious marvels of deep fried goodness (or what was delicious before they went and screwed up the recipe)? Now, they are called "Hand-Picked" Jalapeno chips and gone is all the jalapeno flavor! Replaced with what can only be described as the exact same seasoning that Lay's uses on its Sour Cream and Onion chips. Before posting, I decided to see if anyone else out there was talking about this and found this very important website (now, there's a blog with a mission, don't you think?). It seems they agree...the green specks are clearly chives, not hand-picked jalapenos, and all the spicy flavor is gone, gone, gone. I'm hoping the makers of these chips will read my blog, of course, and change the recipe. If that doesn't happen, then I'm afraid I will need to change my loyalty back to these.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, May 01, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Well, it's about time you focused on the truly important matters. Kids and work come and go, but a favorite snack food is forever.

 
At 10:46 PM, May 01, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Right. Or not. It seems my favorite snack food has also jumped the shark. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home