Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm Baaack!

Film at 11.

Okay, seriously, since we last met, I've been very busy, extremely busy, and by the end of my days, have been without internet or completely exhausted, hence the lack of "material" lately.

Since last week, I have...

Been to the ends of the earth and back,

Enjoyed the best birthday of my life on 07-07-07 (or one of the best anyway...the luau in Kauai for my 40th might tie for "best")...more later (and pictures!),

Visited my Mom in San Pedro where she was performing her duties as Vice President of the National Watercolor Society (an honor bestowed on her that was a long time in the making...I am very proud of her!),

Eaten baby octopi, lots of ceviche, savory crepes, ciopino, rack of lamb, tiramisu, and the Cocoa D'Arriba Mango-Chili dark chocolate bar (mmmm),

Met someone (and listened to him perform) who claimed to be Jim Morrison's son Christopher (interesting side story...I took French in high school with a guy who went on the class field trip to Paris...I could not afford to go on that trip but have gone on to live a fulfilling life nevertheless); his big dream was to visit the cemetery where Jim Morrison is allegedly buried; he had trouble finding it and by the time he did it was too late to get out of the cemetery, so he spent the night on Jim Morrison's grave...true story),

Found the sailboat of our dreams (it's the first boat we have both agreed on),

And last but not least, worked my tail off teaching students and helping clients.

And now, I must go and write another presentation.

God is good.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

And to think you could have skipped all of that and spent your time productively blogging, and thus catering to our whims. ;-)

Well, it all sounds wonderful (especially the chocolate part), but we're glad you're back, and we're ready to hear more!

 
At 2:41 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

I've been very busy, extremely busy, and by the end of my days, have been without internet or completely exhausted,

A likely story. Next you're going to tell us that you've seen ball lightning.

 
At 2:53 PM, July 12, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Jim, rest assured, if I saw ball lightening, I would keep that to myself. ;-)

Eric, the most inexcusable part (about not blogging) was that I could have done so from a kiosk from the pier on Catalina Island. I'm still kicking myself for not siezing that opportunity.

 
At 6:41 AM, July 13, 2007, Blogger beth said...

I have to say that if you're going to Catalina Island, the least you could do is blog from the pier. I mean, it's not like there's anything else to do, right? :)

Happy birthday (belated)!

And yay, mom!

 
At 7:20 AM, July 13, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Happy belated birthday, Gwynne! And your trip sounds like it was lovely.

But, um....I'm with Beth! Blogging from the pier - that would have been classic Gwynne!

 
At 2:56 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

Gwynne,
That story of the guy sleeping on Mr. Happy's grave in Paris?
Either it's one of the most prevalent of modern urban legends or the cemetery where he's pushing up the daisies is missing out on a huge cash cow by not running a morbid B & B on his place of internment.

I've got some friends who all blow that same hot air about this "sleeping on Jim Morrison's grave" thing. Why can't just let the poor guy rest?

BTW, Sounds like your birthday celebration was this year's just deserts. So, are you going to be on one of the few CPA's with a floating office?

 
At 3:53 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

I just took a closer look at your yacht. Is that a sailboard leaning up against the port railing? Are they throwing it in with the yacht? If so, snap it up before they come to their senses!

(Love that windsurfing. Hard to believe we didn't take it up until we got to west Texas!)

 
At 5:36 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth and Janie, I know, I know! I shoulda done it. Not sure how Hubby would have handled the wait though. "Sorry, honey, I just have a few more random observations, ramblings, and my iPod playlist to post, then I'll be finished. Oh, and then there's this quiz. Just 15 more minutes, promise."

Darko, perhaps we should name the boat "The Office" so when it comes time to do our taxes, well...ahem, that would be tax fraud. 8-} But actually, I hope to change my profession once we set sail and my desk will become a "navigation station." Just call me Admiral. ;-)

Eric, so do you go wind surfing out in the desert, or how does that work, exactly? And yes, I do believe that is what you see on deck. Given that the boat is extremely heavy, the sailboard may be our best hope for actual sailing time. ;-)

 
At 6:35 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Did I mention that I am coming to visit hehe. You could always sail to NZ! Glad you had a good birthday by the way. We flew over Catalina when I came over last year!

 
At 6:46 PM, July 13, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Rach, be careful what you wish for! The husband is already talking about "when" we sail to NZ, not "if." ;-)

Thanks all, for the birthday wishes! :-)

 
At 6:37 PM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

how does that work, exactly?

Um, we have these things – you may have heard of them – called "lakes"... ;-)

[Granted, they're not close, nor multitudinous.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home