Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Contest! Contest! Contest!

In the previous post are some very ugly pictures of some very ugly 'shrooms (and really, they are shrooms even though they look like something the dogs left behind after doing their "business"). I am wondering what kind of 'shrooms these are because I'd hate to think that I am posting pictures of illegal narcotics on my blog or something stupid like that. So please, if anyone out there has particular expertise in, well, 'shrooms, perhaps you could win a valuable prize (maybe I could ship these to your house)! I promise not to turn you into the authorities unless it turns out you know a little too much about the subject matter here. ;-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, July 03, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Cool. I made you paranoid. :) As far as I know, they're just, ahem, garden variety shrooms. We get them around here all the time if it rains too much. I wouldn't worry. (But also, given your propensity for smoking strange things, perhaps a warning to NOT try smoking/tasting/or otherwise ingesting them is in order.)

 
At 6:53 AM, July 04, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

I've had seen of those 'shrooms at home. They grow around our place. :)

 
At 9:33 AM, July 04, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Beth, paranoia kind of goes with the territory, I hear. ;-) And trust me, I won't even be touching these nasty things except with a stick (they continue to grow as we speak). Most of our "garden variety" around here are large white capped ("normal" looking) mushrooms.

Rach, given the above sentence structure, it appears you have been smoking/imbibing/ingesting (whatever one does with 'shrooms) a little already. ;-) But I won't turn you in. Not yet anyway. :-)

 
At 10:21 AM, July 04, 2007, Blogger Lyn said...

Well, I am a "fun guy" (get it? fungi? huh? huh?) but I don't have a clue as to the variety. If you trip out let me know. :-) GT

 
At 11:20 AM, July 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what yours are, but the ones that'll get you in legal trouble are much smaller. And they don't look like used dog food.

I know this because Wikipedia told me.

 
At 12:22 PM, July 04, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

GT, you're giving away your gender now...be careful. ;-)

Brian, what I love about that link is that Wikipedia is totally with the "hand to flora" (or fungi as it were) program. ;-) And that makes, I believe, TWO valuable prizes that I owe you. Let me go clean out under my bed and see what I can muster up. ;-)

 
At 11:04 AM, July 08, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

I don't know from mushrooms. What I'd like to know is this: what is it about rabbit droppings that turns the patch of perfectly healthy, green grass where they fall into a brown spot overnight?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home