Friday, June 22, 2007

That Wasn't Everything

The bad news continues...

I arrived home last night to find that one of the goldfish had died. The goldfish. One that, unlike all previous goldfish that have lived approximately 1 week in our care, had surpassed all expectations and lived at least 4 years and grew to 5-6 inches long (it looked like a Koi). We never named him because we knew that would be the end of him. The other two fish were hovering around it, trying to revive him when I got home, but it was too late. We don't know what happened, but the other fish seem fine so far. My husband suggested an autopsy. Instead, I buried him (intact) in the "garden" this morning. Farewell, my speckled friend.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, June 22, 2007, Blogger beth said...

Aw. :( I'm sorry.

 
At 1:47 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

The other two fish were hovering around it, trying to revive him

That's what they'd like you to think.

 
At 2:10 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. Did I mention that one of the other two is a meat eater? ;-) Not really, but he looks like one. Very prehistoric looking.

 
At 8:27 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Poor goldfish being sadly maligned...tut, tut, tut...someone aught to sue hehe.

 
At 10:41 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

So, when fish make a hit, do they refer to the victim as "sleeping with the humans"?

[I kill myself, sometimes. But not like fish do.]

 
At 4:49 PM, June 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries if he... erm... it is a meat eater. Everyone knows fish don't count [as meat].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home