Friday, January 26, 2007

Is It Spring Yet?

The Winter Paperwhites...look it! They're blooming! :-)


Update: Darko's comment sparked a thought about how this Flower Project began as a leap of faith and ended in what you see here. I know they're not much, but you must realize that I have never had a green thumb and was doubtful that anything would ever come of putting some bulbs in a bowl of rocks without dirt. But with time and patience and a little watering and trust, it blossomed I realize now that this is a metaphor for our walk in faith with God. Sweet. :-)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Those look fantastic Gwynne! :)

 
At 7:25 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

We were given a gorgeoous box of these paper whites. I guess they should be taken out of the box. Mr. Green Thumbs thought by watering the box they would simply rise out of the cardboard in full beauty.
You see, it's the box we really like.

 
At 10:52 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Rach. :-)

Darko, in the past, I would have left them in the box knowing full well that nothing more would ever come of them. This is a first for me and I must admit to a fair amount of surprise. You might try taking them out of the box. ;-)

 
At 8:20 PM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard of those things, but if you say so ;)

 
At 7:50 PM, January 27, 2007, Blogger Jenn said...

You did good!!! I love those, kind of like the first crocuses promising spring.

 
At 8:17 PM, January 27, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Badoozie, you need some of these! I got them as a Christmas gift but I think you can get them at Crate & Barrel (that's the box they came in). I'm sure any nursery has them. They'll brighten up (and smell up) your new place. :-)

Ah yes, the crocuses are coming soon too!

 
At 11:07 AM, January 28, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Wow! Those are really pretty. And they just grow in rocks?

 
At 3:28 PM, January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home