Sunday, January 21, 2007

Project 52 - #3

Finally, we have snow! Enough with the ice already. Yesterday afternoon, as I drove home from work, it began snowing. The drive home was not bad, but a mile from home, on our neighborhood streets and safely off the highway, I could not make it up the snow covered hills. I could have easily walked home from where I had come to "rest," but the thought of leaving Grasshoppah on the side of the road to become roadkill saddened me. I called my husband to come to my rescue. He brought the Tahoe and a supply of rope. After coming dangerously close to "jackknifing" the rig that consisted of one Tahoe and one Bug conjoined by one carelessly placed rope, we eventually wiggled our way to the top of the hill and hobbled home. This morning revealed a lovely snow covered yard. For this week's entry in Project 52, we have Nature's bounty:

The Front Yard

The Back Yard (Snow Angel)

(Detail)

The Side Yard

The Yard Machine

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Beautiful shots. Be careful out there, Gwynne!

 
At 9:46 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Janie! :-)

 
At 12:02 AM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Jenn said...

those are beautiful!!

 
At 9:25 AM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

That's what I'm talkin' about! Real snow. Pardon me while I go off in the corner and feel homesick...

 
At 10:45 AM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Emma!

Foo, I don't envy all the ice you guys are experiencing. I'm done with ice!! Except, after our neighbor bulldozed our driveway (yes, there is a God!), we learned that the ice is still very much with us under all that snow. :-(

 
At 5:22 AM, January 23, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Great shots Gwynne! Almost wish we had snow where I live hehe. Almost lol...

 
At 6:26 PM, January 23, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Eric, our ice storms, especially the early Fall ones, do a lot of damage so I know what you mean. It can be pretty to look at, until you lose a prized tree or home because of it.

Rachel, you're welcome to stay, but you might want to keep your weather to yourself. Thank you. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home