Friday, November 17, 2006

I Get No Respect

I'd just like to say, I had this story first! See, Mom? If only I had Dave Barry's wit and ability to draw crowds of strangers from all around the free world to my site every day, I'd be...well, I'd have more strangers at my site every day. Yeah.

I especially liked these questions from Dave's clever readers (not that my readers aren't clever; I value each and every one of you for your wit and clarity on the important life issues that we discuss here each and every day):

"What if you have '2' half-quart plastic baggies with zip-lock tops??"

"How about if you put your toothpaste in a 1 gallon baggie and then put it in a 1 quart baggie?"

"Can I put the screaming child in row 32 in the Ziploc(R) 1 quart bag?"

"Can I just throw my toothpaste in the baggie with my quarter of pot?"

Dave's response, of course, is:

"I believe you may carry anything onto the plane -- drugs, guns, etc. -- as long as these items are in A ONE-QUART, CLEAR-PLASTIC BAGGIE WITH A ZIP-LOCK TOP."

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, November 18, 2006, Blogger DarkoV said...

That damn Dave guy! You too? I even caught him once with some siphoning device perched at the corner of my bed. Dream-stealing he was. Couldn't prove it though; has something to do with his gift for humor and his likeabel personality.

He'll get his!! Well, as long as he doesn't get mine.

 
At 10:23 PM, November 18, 2006, Blogger Jenn said...

aw, I love him.

I always think of him this time of year with his story "Turkey Day".

and you can think of me as a stranger. Okay, maybe just strange.

 
At 1:42 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Darko, the minute Dave starts stealing my dreams for material is the moment Dave's career takes a nose dive, I'm afraid (although the thought of him stealing last night's dream is worthy of a post...I'll have to think about that). ;-)

Emma, I don't remember "Turkey Day." I must be slacking. I can recite Tarts Afire (about Pop Tarts, the world's most combustible breakfast food) nearly word for word. And I think you're exactly the kind of stranger my mother warned me about...I love it when you visit. ;-)

 
At 9:24 PM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, it seems it's more about promoting the ziplock bag than anything else these days, but hey i'm one step ahead of them, i've been a ziplock junkie for years now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home