Saturday, October 14, 2006

New Blogrollees

I have added two new blogs (well, okay, one blog, and one "website") to my blogroll that you all really have to read.

By way of Cowtown Pattie, DarkoV recognized my profile pic over on her comments as being taken in Dubrovnik, Croatia and so he made a pleasantly surprising visit here, just as I was posting about the Croatian war. Upon reading his blog, Verging On Pertinence, I discovered a wonderfully funny and brilliant Slavic mind at work. Sure, I enjoyed the Croatian Travelogue posts, but there's so much more, like this recent music post.

The other website" was referred to by DarkoV in his most recent post, and is another Slav (this one from Slovenia, another former Yugoslav republic bordering Croatia). It's called Isoglossia (read this if you too are wondering just what is an "Isoglossia") and even if you don't have kids, I think you might appreciate this hilariously funny "daddy blog" (oops, I mean "website").

Go forth and enjoy!

8 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, October 14, 2006, Blogger DarkoV said...

Why, Thak you very much for including me in the Deep End. I'll bring my own inner tube and flippers...
...and I'll be returning your find favor.

Hvala ti Lijepo!

 
At 6:48 PM, October 14, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Molim!

That pert near exhausts my command of the Croatian language. That, and I could probably wish you a good morning, good day and finally, a good evening, but that's about it. But really, what more could you wish for? ;-)

And judging by the looks of your blog, I'm guessing that you'll get along just fine in the deep end, probably won't even need an inner tube. But there are some sharks, so do be careful. ;-)

 
At 2:12 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Gwynne ~ You are quite the Adventurous blog traveler! ~ jb///

 
At 2:24 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. I guess you could say I've gone out in the ocean a time or two, but I much prefer to stay in the shallow end. ;-)

 
At 8:25 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Sgazzetti, thanks for stopping by. The warning about Darko is duly noted. ;-)

And in my book, you are a "Slav" simply by virtue of the view out your window (although I guess by this definition, you might also be Italian), but if you insist, I can refer to you by the more PC "Angloo-Caledo-Sverigo-American." After learning up on "isoglossias," I figured you might be the non-Slav side of the bed. ;-)

It's a beautiful country, Slovenia. I've spent a few hours there. (It's a small country; it was raining; we were just dropping the neice off back at her place in Lubljana; we had to get to Senj by midnight; we might have stayed longer otherwise.) We hope to stay a spell next time we visit "the Old Country."

 
At 10:07 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger DarkoV said...

These are my preferred conversational "sharpeners", if you must know. It's the various attachments that are quite attractive; prepares one for any gathering of word-chewers.

Usually, after reading Mr. Sgazzetti, I am laughing too much to be abel to safely insert this instrument in my mouth without serious consequences.

 
At 1:38 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Yikes! So you are one with the sharks, then? Welcome! You'll fit right in. ;-)

 
At 2:33 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

And now I can't get the Little Shop of Horrors theme music out of my head. Thank you very much, Darko! 8-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home