Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another Random Saturday

Since I've no time to write right now, I thought I would share these few tidbits of life such as it is...in pictorial format.

Does anyone remember Blogathon? I won The Eggs! And I was so excited to get the package!! Before they are all gone, I remembered to snap a photo. If these had been M&M's, there would have been no time for a photo. As it is, the candies are rock hard and spicy hot cinnamon, like those cinnamon toothpicks we all loved as kids, so they are going more slowly, leaving time for a photo break:

The Eggs, They Are Delicious (Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Eggs)

And did everyone read Foo's post about his recent encounter with the viking helmet wearing gentleman? If not, you must. Foo seemed surprised to find such a fellow in the aisles of Costco, but for me, this used to be everyday attire:

Friends Do Not Let Friends Do This

I'm not even going to bother trying to date this photo as to do so would require geological carbon dating equipment that I don't have (the "big" hair provides a clue), but an old friend sent this to me...what good are old friends if not for memories like this one? We were preparing to march in the Saints and Sinners Mardi Gras parade. We were the 10 Amendments, all dressed as the California Raisins in lycra pants, white gloves, white shoes, viking helmets adorned with chicken feathers captured from feather dusters (okay, the California Raisins did not wear viking helmets, but we did), and hoodies, as you can see. We paraded down the street to the tune of I Heard It Through the Grapevine, by Marvin Gaye.* It was dark and we were wearing sunglasses.** I did the artwork on my, um, "sacred tablet" myself; bonus points to the person who can correctly identify the object of my art. 8-}

And lastly, because I need to balance out the above with a little cuteness, Smokey says Hi, and as you can see, the fall leaves are beginning to fall not far from the tree:


"I Just Chased A Baby Squirrel Up A Tree For You...What's Next?"

* I much preferred his version over the Gladys Knight or CCR versions. And though suggested by Cowtown Patti, contrary to popular belief, Duran Duran never recorded a New Wave rendition of this great Motown classic.

** For double jeopardy, name that movie. Oh, c'mon, that's an easy one...

14 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Marvin Gaye???

From the looks of those locks, I would more likely believe Duran Duran...

 
At 10:05 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. Right decade, but no. No Duran Duran!! *runs screaming from the room*

Oh, but thanks for stopping by. ;-)

 
At 10:22 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Thanks for the little slice of cuteness. Mine is sitting at my feet asleep hehe!

 
At 12:44 AM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet pup!!

 
At 9:05 AM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tammy faye?

 
At 1:28 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

And we have a WINNER! I'll send you a "prize" as soon as I clean out under my bed. ;-)

 
At 2:27 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger beth said...

Ok, who's the winner? Cause I was thinking Blues Brothers but don't see any movies listed up there at all...

Give Smokey skritches from me and let him know the girls say "Woof woof, grr, wooof wooooof woof."

 
At 2:38 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Susie won the "prize" for correctly guessing the object of my art, but YOU win the "prize" for guessing the movie! Now, I need to go find those prizes...too bad I already opened the Eggs. ;-)

Smokey loves it when girls talk to him like that. He sends his love. ;-)

 
At 4:11 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

1) Smokey's adorable.
2) You and Gramps The 13th Warrior must shop at the same millinery—except his skullcap was silver instead of black. And a bit smaller.
3) You've got to be careful about getting those fire and eggs in your keyboard. You'd hate to have them hatch and swarm up your fingers while you're typing. Trust me; I've been there.

 
At 7:04 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Smokey thanks you all for the compliments. He's so vain, he probably thinks this post is about him. ;-)

Does anyone else hear humming?

Foo, I'll have my milliner talk to his milliner to see if I can get me a silver one. Basic black is just so boring. But did his have chicken feathers? But mine has to be big, you know, because of the hair. ;-)

You paint an unsightly picture of swarming fire ants. I wish I'd thought of that earlier. 8-}

 
At 7:09 AM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want the big hairy dustballl,....i have dibs on that!!!

 
At 12:04 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Princess Jami said...

Aw...Smokey is gorgeous. I want him. Will you lend him to me for a while? :-) Actually, he looks like my fiance's dog who died a few years ago. I know that if there is a dog in our future, he'd want one like her and Smokey.

 
At 12:05 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Princess Jami said...

P.S. I was humming.

 
At 12:20 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I know that when Smokey dies, my hubby will spend the rest of his life looking for a "replacement" and none will do. I feel for your fiance losing his precious one and hope that you two might have a dog to love as much as her someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home