Friday, June 23, 2006

Nightstand Revelations

Susie suggested that we all join her in a major cleaning effort, starting with that ultimate clutter magnet and storage facility for things dear to us, the drawer beside our bed (in my house, the kitchen "junk" drawer is much, much worse, but we'll get there later, I'm sure). So, here it is:



Starting at the top and moving roughly clockwise around, we have the following:

Life Application Bible
A Year With C.S. Lewis, daily reflections
Collection of blank greeting cards
A bunch of pamphlets and tracts from the Billy Graham Crusade a couple years ago
Various scraps of paper with notes and Bible verses written on them

Estate Planning Report May/June 2006 (this edition contains a recap of the Anna Nicole Smith saga)

Book list from my Aunt’s long-standing book club (this is a list so long, I can only hope to hit the tip of the iceburg...it is responsible for two of my all time favorites, Prayer for Owen Meany and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime)

Hair tie

Wall brackets to support the drapery rod that stands in the corner, a small home improvement project that has gone unfinished for three years now

"Seacret" body lotion, made with minerals from the Dead Sea
Cuticle oil, also from the Dead Sea
Dead Sea fingernail file block that makes nails looked polished even when they aren’t (it's amazing!)
Arbonne lip balm

Notecard received from one of the girls

Business cards (need any painting?)
Pens and markers
Cork from the bottle of wine that we drank at my Dad’s 70th birthday not so long ago
Tape measure

Postcard from the Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio in Oak Park, IL

AAA Battery
Rubber band
Binder clip

Travel candles in “Bangkok” and “Jasmine Tea” fragrances

An odd assortment of pamphlets, ranging from foundation products for the face, to roofing products for the house:

Laura Mercier make-up products
Epsten Gallery exhibit brochure for upcoming show
The Orchid Growing Guide (for the orchids that long ago fell victim to the lack of care and feeding outlined in this guide)
Homedics Sound Spa instruction manual, for my alarm clock
IMBA, a Shona sculpture gallery in Portland, Oregon (we collect these)
Channel directory for our new satellite TV service
Map & Guide to Powell’s City of Books, in Portland, OR (the only bookstore I’ve ever been to that required a map…it’s worth a trip to Portland, just to go to this store)
Tamko roofing products

Retractable telephone cord that no longer works

There. That wasn't so painful. Now, I'll throw away some of the above and start over. Go ahead, you try it (and as Susie says, no "icky" stuff please). ;-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger beth said...

That's a big drawer.

So, if I put my foot, in a sandal, in my nightstand drawer, will I be all caught up with these photo memes?

 
At 2:40 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. Yeah, that oughta cover it. ;-)

Actually, it's a really small drawer. I was amazed at how much stuff there was when I went to spread it out.

 
At 5:40 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

I have some cleaning to do this weekend but I don't think I'll be taking a photo of it - Haven't figured which battery needs recharging for my camera yet haha.

 
At 7:23 PM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, you have won so far.

now on that dead sea stuff. did you by chance buy those things from a kiosk in the mall? because i hope you did not. i would hate to have to burst your bubble.

 
At 11:26 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I absolutely did buy that Dead Sea stuff in a mall...one of those fly-by-night sorts, but I got two kits for the price of one. 8-} Please don't tell me it's all a hoax! Oh, okay, go ahead. Burst my bubble. ;-)

 
At 4:14 AM, June 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:40 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Happy to be of service. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home