Friday, May 26, 2006

A Steady Diet of M&M's

Is it wrong to subsist on M&M's alone? Because that is what I have done today. Well, M&M's and coffee. And a Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, which doesn't count as food or beverage, last I checked, since there are 0 calories in that. Which is good if you're going to eat a half ton of M&M's.

Last night, in fulfilling my duty of filling the candy jar (I just moved to a new office and people keep stopping by to ask how I like my new digs...it's like an open house and I felt I needed to have something to offer in addition to my perfunctory "like it, thanks") So I purchased the Mega-sized XXXXXL bag of peanut M&M's. I've eaten roughly half of them. I've done the math. This is roughly 3,850 calories. Gluttony is what this is, right? I didn't even go out for lunch, working away at my desk, popping M&M's in my mouth at the rate of about 100/hour. And now, hubby wants to know what's for dinner. [sigh]

Searching Leviticus 11 for M&M's...I'm pretty sure this qualifies as "detestable," but I can't put my finger on it.

Tomorrow's a new day.

7 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

You know what really gives me trouble? Prawns. Well... not just prawns, but pralines also. For some reason, I always want to get those two mixed up. And, sometimes, prams as well.

Fortunately, these things don't often come up (though if you actually sampled the prawns and cream ice cream, it might just).

 
At 8:07 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:12 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Ahem, maybe I better rephrase that last comment. I could see it heading off in the same direction as the flatulence thread. ;-)

Anyway, speaking of bad combinations, I cannot recommend cotton candy and beer as a prelude to riding The Zipper at the County Fair either.

I think sampling prawns and pralines before you pram-a-lot is just asking for trouble. ;-)

 
At 8:44 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

Do you guys have the crispy M and M's?

 
At 8:48 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

You know, surprisingly, I have not tried those yet, but we do have them. I'll have to get some. :-)

 
At 2:10 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger beth said...

I'm an Almond M&M gal myself, but I don't think they make those anymore, so I think I'm safe.

I also would just like to point out that when I first read your statement I've done the math. I read instead, "I've done the meth." And I was beginning to wonder what, exactly, Accountants did all day when it was no longer tax season.

Beyond that - I really don't see a problem with having candy and soda as your meals for the day...breakfast of champions is what I call it.

 
At 1:13 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. No, I've not been in the meth. And having never been in the meth, I'm not sure how a day's worth of M&M's compares, but I'm guessing there may be a few similarities. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home