Monday, June 01, 2009

Lookit!

Julian's 2nd outing to the pool and still he's looking completely unimpressed with the whole thing. Me, I LOVE swimming so I expected nothing but giggles, splashing and hand clapping. Instead, I got this. Smug drifting, on his ($1 garage sale find!) floatation device. He's looking more like a jaded, can't-be-bothered-right-now, child star than a baby enjoying his first swimming lesson. Maybe it's the matching hat.


Don't worry, Mom. He's slathered in spf 50 sunscreen. Not to mention a shirt and hat, for goodness sake.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, June 01, 2009, Blogger beth said...

Wow he's fun and pudgy and adorable! I think we're going to try the pool for the first time soon - I'll be sure to document. :)

 
At 9:40 PM, June 01, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Yes, he's definitely pudgy (and more fun than this picture might indicate)...is it any wonder he's not crawling yet?! The doctors keep assuring me he'll do it in his own time, but I'm not so sure. He seems content to just drift through life. ;-)

 
At 7:30 AM, June 02, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

We once had the most wonderful vacation when Heir 2 was that age. Every time you put him in or near water, he'd fall asleep. We had a tube similar to that one, only there was a little seat in it, so half of him was in water. We went to the pool and he floated around asleep while we all swam. If he floated near, we'd just push him off to another part of the pool or bat him around for awhile. He slept the whole vacation away.

 
At 7:43 AM, June 02, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Heh. This one has a seat too and that's what he wanted to do when I put him in it, sleep. I set him in it like this to warm him up for a bit, and prevent him from pruning up too much. ;-)

 
At 4:12 AM, June 09, 2009, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Awwww, He looks so kicked back! How sweet is that?

I love love love babies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home