Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Secrets

While digging in the archives for photos for tomorrow's 1-year birthday post (I can't believe it's been a year already!), I dug deep in search of baby pictures of both his mom and grandpa, to show the similarities, and just for fun. In so doing, I stumbled upon this gem...my husband serving Jack LaLanne and his lovely wife:


When he first came to America, back in the olden days, he worked for Hollywood's rich and famous in Beverly Hills, as domestic help. There aren't many photos to document the exerience, and to this day, he refuses to wear a tie if he can avoid it. But check out Jack's suit! And if my husband finds out I've posted this picture, I'm dead meat. Priceless.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, June 15, 2009, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I think Jack's the one who should be embarrassed that this photo surfaced.

 
At 12:46 PM, June 15, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Yeah, Jack is not exactly known for his fashion sense, but I'm waiting for the call from his publicist. ;-)

 
At 12:44 PM, June 27, 2009, Blogger DarkoV said...

If the reward for all of that exercising is the privilege of wearing a tablecloth in place of a suit, I say, "Pass the eclair and double-dollop on the schlagge!"

ps. your husband looks quite the debonair type there..

 
At 2:27 PM, June 27, 2009, Blogger Gwynne said...

Exactly! Only thing worse though would be to NOT execise and wear this suit...can you imagine Pavarotti, for example, in this get-up?

Notice my husband's (previously) red hair? He's determined that his father is not the Croatian that raised him, but rather, a German or Irish tourist passing through Senj while "Dad" was away. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home