Sunday, December 21, 2008

Travelogue in Pictures


Deep Fried Twinkies (Oklahoma City) *


* Positively the biggest waste of 9,000 calories, ever! This was taken after we were finished eating (as in, none of us could eat another bite...they were absolutely awful and tasted like catfish...I think they were cooked in the wrong fryer...and the berry drizzle did nothing to help).


Today, we managed to make it as far as Amarillo, TX before the little one had a melt down. 10 hours of driving appears to be his limit. Tomorrow, we hope to make it as far as Flagstaff.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Lynellen said...

I'm not sure if that looks good or not!

 
At 8:17 AM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I'm not premenstrual enough that the fried Twinkies look good.

 
At 9:46 AM, December 21, 2008, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Were they good?

 
At 2:26 PM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Okay, I updated the caption to clarify. They were awful. I really thought I'd like them, since I'm generally a big fan of deep fried state fair food. But give me a raw Twinkie over this any day. I think the deep frying accentuated the taste of chemical compounds in the Twinkie. But then again, it could have been the catfish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home