Friday, January 25, 2008

It's Never Boring Around Here

For those of you waiting for a wedding update, the latest is there won't be a wedding on Valentine's Day. There may be a wedding sometime in the future, but it won't be on Valentine's Day of this year. The fiance has just up and disappeared. She doesn't know where he is (but doesn't suspect foul play or anything). There was a dispute of some kind and she says "he'll come back to her eventually." Well, I have all kinds of words to say about the relationship already, none of which she wants to hear, so I'll keep my mouth shut. Mostly. But I'm on my way out the door right now, to pick her up from her friend's house (where she is living these days) and try to console her.


Life as a teenager is never boring. One day, the plan is "X," the next day it is "Y." One day, life is rosy and the next, all doom and gloom (sometimes the doom and gloom is imagined and sometimes it is very real). I never know what the next phone call will entail.

*sigh*

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, January 26, 2008, Blogger beth said...

Oh dear. The drama of life at 19...I can't say I'm looking forward to that, honestly. Hope you are/were able to console and that she'll start listening to the words of wisdom that parents have to offer.

 
At 8:13 AM, January 27, 2008, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I'm in the roller coaster car right behind you. I'll try not to scream into your ear too loudly.

 
At 9:08 AM, January 27, 2008, Blogger Foo said...

I'm sending up a couple prayers for a good resolution to all of this (tinged with a bit of leftover deja vu after having watched License to Wed last evening). While I'm at it, I'm thanking God that I never have to worry about our furry children bringing home their intendeds.

 
At 10:53 AM, January 28, 2008, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Beth. We had a good talk Friday night, but where that will lead is anyone's guess. I don't remember being so dramatic at 19 so it's hard for me to relate, but 19 is still a long ways off for Josh! ;-)

Sissigy, I think I heard you screaming back there. ;-)

Foo, your furry children don't bring home strays once in awhile? Hmmm, where did I go so wrong?

 
At 10:18 PM, January 30, 2008, Blogger Rae said...

Ah, the dramas of being young LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home