Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sleepless in Seattle

No, not this Sleepless in Seattle. We are just sleepless in Seattle, having arrived yesterday to view a boat that we were convinced was "our" boat (same layout as the boat we liked in San Diego but almost 1/2 the price after the owner recently decided to slash the price, and it's already located in Gig Harbor, a small quaint village on the southern end of the Puget Sound which is where we would like to anchor our eventual boat). Now, we're not so sure it's our boat.

I was all prepared to write up my list of travel essentials for a weekend trip since that seems to be my lot lately and I was beginning to fancy myself an expert of sorts (and also point out some differences between the packing techniques of men and women which are not what you might expect) when I realized that 1) I did not pack a comb or a brush (nor did my husband), and 2) I did not pack an umbrella or a raincoat for a trip to Seattle (hey, the forecast said sunny and/or partly cloudy all weekend).

So we're going out looking like shaggy sheepdogs and likely to get soakin' wet but determined to enjoy the rest of our trip today and tomorrow in the Seattle area, scouting out the regions' farmers markets and maybe looking at another boat or two. I'll keep you posted.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, August 26, 2007, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Good luck with the boat shopping! ~ jb///

 
At 3:48 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

You are in my absolute favorite part of the country. We lived on Whidbey Island a couple times in my childhood - beautiful!

I'm totally jealous.

 
At 10:29 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger Eric Siegmund said...

It occurs to me that if you're going to forget an umbrella on a trip to Seattle, then there's also very little logic in taking a comb or a brush. ;-)

Well, it made more sense in my head.

Anyway, looking forward to your boat report!

 
At 11:13 AM, August 28, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

LZ - thanks! I think we may have found "it."

Jen, we also looked at a boat in Oak Harbor...probably where you lived? The PNW is our favorite part of the country also.

Eric, point well taken. It's good that we had hats. ;-)

 
At 8:08 PM, August 28, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

We love, love, love Seattle and Puget Sound.

Good luck with the boat shopping (and bad hair days...)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home