Monday, April 16, 2007

More Caffeine, Please!



Aren't there labor laws against this sort of thing? I just finished filling out my timesheet for the week. 90 hours! That's a lot of hours. And on the tail of three 80+ hour weeks, following four 55-65 hour weeks, I'm exhausted. Oh, and no overtime pay, in case you're wondering. This past week has been like running an 800 meter sprint after completing a 10K race (I'd say marathon, but I don't think this comes close to running a marathon...that's real work!).

I'm winding down though. Mostly all the returns that are going out the door are done. Most of the extension calculations are done (except my own, of course). And now I just have a few meetings to deliver returns, and of course, fight whatever fires flare up at the last minute. There always are some.

And this will conclude Season 25. I think that's plenty.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Rae said...

Love that caffeine hehe!

 
At 3:04 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger DarkoV said...

What I'd be interested in reading is a blow-by-blow account of the main events of each passing hour for tomorrow, from 7:00 am until 11:59 pm. Pictures, of course, front & side, of the culprits getting on your one last nerve would be appreciated....and I want to see the pics before you slap them upside the head with a Pub 15, o.k.?

 
At 8:16 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

"front and side" made me laugh. I'll see what I can do. The Internal Revenue Code is a much heavier volume, but we tore those up in the relay races last week. :-)

I'm hoping for a quiet day tomorrow. Oh, but there's kickball! Stay tuned. There will be injuries (there always are when the 40,50,60-somethings play ball against the 20-somethings). ;-)

 
At 5:02 PM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I should do my taxes tonight, huh...

;-)

 
At 5:31 PM, April 17, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Ellen, I just did mine. I was shocked (SHOCKED) to discover that we owe a bunch of money! That my accountant didn't tell me about it until now is an outrage! ;-)

Good luck on getting yours done.

 
At 6:29 PM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finished...I own $1100 on the federal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home