Sunday, January 07, 2007

Childhood Memories

Okay, I know I just committed to only one photo a week, but that was before I re-discovered the CD of digitized family photos that Dad put together for me and my brother a couple years ago. Dad's probably horrified now that I'm posting my childhood photos on the internet, but these made me laugh out loud so I thought I'd share (thanks, Dad!). Update: Unfortunately, Blogger won't provide the link to the enlarged pictures wherein you could get a better look at my brother's facial expression in Running With Bananas (for which he is surely grateful), or the incubator sitting on our outdoor picnic table which serves as the dining table (for which my mother is surely grateful).

First up, for Mis_Nomer, see? (for those just joining us, we were just discussing our bow-legs)


(I made the dress myself...Mom still has it as a souvenir :-)

Raised As Monkeys (Running With Bananas)

Nearly Eaten By Poodles (Is Anyone Watching the Baby?! )

Last Bikini Sighting

"Camping" in the Basement

(note the matches, cans of soup, Sterno and what is that, my Christening dress?!)

...let us thank Him for the food...and the chickens that are about to hatch at the dinner table and for the R.C. Cola. Amen.

I have the greatest Dad in the world!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Nice. When I was home for Christmas, Dad was making noises about sending off selected batches of slides to some company to be digitized. Seeing your pictures makes me hopeful that he'll follow through on it.

 
At 5:59 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

I hope so too. It's a priceless gift and it makes me even more sympathetic to those whose family photos have been lost in floods and fires. Digitizing them is a great backup.

 
At 8:32 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Those pictures are too cute!!!

 
At 10:50 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Thanks, Janie!

Eric, I'm impressed too...it's surprising they survived the ice flows really. I credit Dad with doing a great job of preservation and restoration. ;-)

 
At 7:13 PM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've committed to only about...um...fifteen to twenty, maybe thirty, photos a week.

OK, I post a lot of photos. But I have cute kids, so I can't help it. :)

 
At 9:30 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Your kids will thank you for it one day, Stephen. And I agree, they are cute. ;-)

 
At 9:14 AM, January 15, 2007, Blogger mis_nomer said...

Gosh did you make that dress when you were that small? Wow! The "eaten by poodles" pic (and caption) is hilarious! heeheehee. And who took the pic when everyone was saying grace?

 
At 2:44 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Gwynne said...

Well, my Mom will tell you that I made it (I was 5), but in reality, I remember her helping me a lot! ;-)

I think Dad set up a tripod to capture the moment (along with the incubator on the table). He knows a Kodak moment when he sees it. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home