Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fa La La La La, La La La La

For those who haven't checked in at Purgatorio lately, here is some of the most hilarious Christmas album cover art I've seen in a long time. Countdown to Christmas is especially disturbing as Santa Claus appears to be on some serious drugs and frankly, it looks like the album should come with the Parental Control Advisory warning. But Snoopy's Christmas is not the image of Santa I'd want for my children either. And then there's the question of just what do they eat in England for Christmas? As usual, the comments are worth perusing for a good laugh at someone's expense.

Unfortunately, I sold all my LPs at a garage sale (or dumped them at a used record store in a fit of OCD) and so I no longer have some of the old covers. But I don't remember any as over the top as these. As usual, Mark does a great job of digging up the classics. Marcy is a recurring theme over at Purgatorio. Personally, I never had any of Marcy's albums, but I love the reference to her as the Bride of Chucky. She scares me a little.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, December 23, 2006, Blogger That Janie Girl said...

That is pretty scary! I'd not been to the site, thanks for the info!

PS - I posted a few pix, as well. Check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home