Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Desert Island Memequel

Again, courtesy of Eric. Now, instead of movies, we are to consider which teevee series we would want with us on a desert island. This should be "interesting" as I'm not sure I've seen enough teevee to make "educated" choices. And honestly? The last thing I'd want to do on a desert island is watch teevee, but here goes (heh, this probably shows my age):

Western - Bonanza :-)
Horror - Dark Shadows
Sci-Fi - Star Trek
Musical - Saturday Night Live, the earliest years (hey, they had a musical guest on every show ;-)
Comedy - I Love Lucy (I really never tire of these old episodes)
Police/Crime/Courtroom Drama - Dragnet (I'm not a fan of today's hyper intensive police/crime dramas)
Medical Drama - I like Eric's choice of M*A*S*H
Foreign - Mr. Bean (although this almost counts as a mini-series; does Charlie Chan count as foreign?)
Variety - The Tonight Show, w/Johnny Carson
Mini-series - The last mini-series I watched was Roots back in 1977 and I'm not sure I could watch it again, so maybe Pride & Prejudice? or Lonesome Dove?
Bonus Pick (any genre) - Lost (I've not yet watched this, but being stranded on a desert island seems a good time to begin); no, strike that, I'll take Gilligan's Island. ;-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Johnny is missed in our house. He had such a quick wit in unpredictable situations. And the animals! I laugh to the point of tears every time I see those old clips of small rodents on his head or large primates lashing out at him. I could watch these over and over. :-)

Roots was great. Intense and worth watching. Once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home