Saturday, August 12, 2006

Dance of the Cucumber

Enough with the MTV already! This morning, me and the girls watched Veggie Tales. The girls are 16 and 17. They would much rather watch MTV. But today, we are watching Larry and friends. Here's my favorite...

Narrator: "Larry will be performing the traditional Argentinian ballad, 'The Dance of the Cucumber,' in it's original Spanish. Bob the Tomato will translate."

Larry: "Miren al pepino"
Bob: "Watch the cucumber"

Larry: "miren como se mueve"
Bob: "see how he moves"

Larry: "como un leon"
Bob: "like a lion"

Larry: "tras un raton."
Bob: "chasing a mouse."

Larry: "Miren al pepino"
Bob: "Watch the cucumber"

Larry: "que suaves movimientos"
Bob: "Oh, how smooth his motion"

Larry: "tal como mantequilla"
Bob: "like butter"

Larry: "en un chango pelon."
Bob: "on a ... bald monkey."

Larry: "Miren al pepino"
Bob: "Look at the cucumber"

Larry: "los vegetables"
Bob: "all the vegetables"

Larry: "envidian a su amigo"
Bob: "envy their friend"

Larry: "como el quieren bailar"
Bob: "wishing to dance as he"

Larry: "Pepino bailarin, pepino bailarin, pepino bailarin"
Bob: "Dancing cucumber, dancing cucumber, dancing cucumber"

Larry: "Baila, baila, ya!"
Bob: "Dance, dance, yeah!"

Larry: "Miren al tomate"
Bob: "Look at the tomato"

Larry: "¿no es triste?"
Bob: "Isn't it sad?"

Larry: "El no puede bailar."
Bob: "He can't dance."

Larry: "¡Pobre tomate!"
Bob: "Poor tomato!"

Larry: "El desería poder bailar"
Bob: "He wishes he could dance"

Larry: "Como el pepino"
Bob: "like the cucumber"

Larry: "libre y suavemente."
Bob: "free and smooth."

Larry: "Pero el no puede danzar."
Bob: "But he can't ... Okay! Stop the music! What do ya mean I can't dance? I can dance! What about Uncle Louie's polka party? Didn't you see me dancing at Uncle Louie's polka party?"

Larry: "No comprendo."

Bob: "No comprendo? I'll show you 'No comprendo'!"

Heh. I love Veggie Tales. :-)

15 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, August 12, 2006, Blogger Rae said...

I love veggietales too! Oh where is my hairbrush?

 
At 6:45 PM, August 12, 2006, Blogger beth said...

That is one of my favorite silly songs. Right up there with the hairbrush and the baby kangaroo! :)

 
At 9:18 AM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

I've never seen Veggie Tales, but it sounds like more bizarre and fun than Firesign Theatre!

 
At 12:10 PM, August 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are a hoot. One of my favorite things for the boys to watch. We all laugh together.

 
At 2:01 PM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Oh yes, the Hairbrush song is excellent also...poor Larry, no hair, no hair. ;-)

Eric, I'm sure people would pay good money to hear this on FireAnt Classical Theatre. ;-)

Foo, you've gotta see these guys. You're never too old to enjoy a bunch of singing Christian vegetables. I suggest one of the Sing-a-long DVD's. Truly bizarre but also very sweet. :-)

 
At 10:14 PM, August 13, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny. I'll sit on my sofa, eat bunnies all day. Heh. ;-)

 
At 1:11 AM, August 14, 2006, Blogger mis_nomer said...

I absolutely absolutely love the dance of the cucumber. Cracks me up everytime! :)

 
At 1:24 AM, August 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i like them too. they're witty and fun!! for ALL ages

 
At 10:00 AM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

I kind of partial to Barbara Manatee.

 
At 12:00 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Jana B said...

Have you watched "Lord of the Beans" yet??? OMW I absolutely ROLLED!!!! We showed it to a group of kids and I laughed so hard that I was a distraction to the kids!!!!

My personal favorite is "Keep Walkin"... sung by the French Peas on Josh & the Big Wall!!

I love this one too, since it's in Spanish. :)

 
At 12:00 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Jana B said...

Oops... sorry about posting that twice!

 
At 12:11 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Jana B said...

or maybe it only came through once? *sigh*

 
At 12:54 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

No problem Jana...I deleted the second post.

And yes! I have seen Lord of the Beans. I liked it a lot, but would have really loved it if I had ever seen the "real" LOTR, I imagine.

Jen, have I missed Barbara Manatee? I must see her! Does she beat Dance of the Cucumber?

 
At 1:04 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

I must watch Lord of the Beans.

Barbara Manatee is from the Silly Songs CD:

Barbara Manatee you're the one for me (one for me, one for me)

You're the one I love (one I love, one I love)

You're sent from up above...


Larry loves Barbara.

 
At 1:17 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

How sweet! I guess I'll need to buy the other Silly Songs CD's. I can't believe we don't have them all. I can only imagine. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home