Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Travels Around the Globe

This was enlightening. Look at how much of the globe I've never seen! Wow!! Must travel more.


create your own visited countries map

via Ellen, who also has a very nice reflection on the story of Samson posted over at her site.

Let's try states (while trying to figure out how to shrink the maps to fit on my blog page):

create your own visited states map

Okay, fine. Skip the visual aids. Who needs a stinkin' map to show where all they've been? Suffice to say, I've been to some countries and not others, but I've been to all 48 of the contiguous United States, plus Hawaii, and hope to visit Alaska one day so that I can check that off of my "to do" list. I've no real desire to go to Alaska otherwise and that seems like a rather vain reason to visit someplace, don't you think? I'd much rather cross a few more continents off my list. Except Antarctica. No desire to go there either.

4 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger beth said...

OOhhh.. something to do tomorrow at work! Yay. :) Thankee.

 
At 8:04 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Maybe you can figure out how to shrink the maps so they don't take over your blog. ;-)

 
At 7:48 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger beth said...

I left instructions on my blog for how to do this, but essentially right click on the picture, select Save Picture As, save the image to your computer (I recommend the desktop as then you'll know where to find it and it's easy to delete after you upload it.) Use the blogger picture uploader - make sure you use "small" as the size - I had issues with medium and large - and you're good to go. Lemme know if you can't make it work.

 
At 9:31 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Gwynne said...

Hey, great! Thanks, Beth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home